340 Williams: My car no longer for sale
340 Williams: My car no longer for sale
Hey all, well I've gone and done her in again. Diff or gearbox has shredded, meaning that I'm about to have a bill that will need paying for. Looks like I'll have to sell the thing to fund the repair so my car is quite possibly up for sale. (The new diff/gearbox will be fitted before the sale). Anyone interested?
Main points:
Williams 2.0 Engine which was installed by Adam, a great engine that's done 30k since rebuild. Very tidy job, can provide pictures.
Powerflow exhaust system (cost £400 and comes with a lifetime guarantee)
Pretty much unmodified apart from the engine and exhaust. Comes with GLT saloon spoiler and front lip.
Running on one of Chris's chips getting 40MPG on the motorway and 30-35 in town
Really solid, no rust except for a spot on the sill
For the money I've spent I'm looking at around £1000 for it but throw some sensible offers my way and I might consider them.
If nobody wants it I'm going to have to keep it but I need the money more right now. It'll be sad to see her go and I'll most deffinatly be banging on your door later to get it back!
Main points:
Williams 2.0 Engine which was installed by Adam, a great engine that's done 30k since rebuild. Very tidy job, can provide pictures.
Powerflow exhaust system (cost £400 and comes with a lifetime guarantee)
Pretty much unmodified apart from the engine and exhaust. Comes with GLT saloon spoiler and front lip.
Running on one of Chris's chips getting 40MPG on the motorway and 30-35 in town
Really solid, no rust except for a spot on the sill
For the money I've spent I'm looking at around £1000 for it but throw some sensible offers my way and I might consider them.
If nobody wants it I'm going to have to keep it but I need the money more right now. It'll be sad to see her go and I'll most deffinatly be banging on your door later to get it back!
Last edited by Speedy88 on 06 Aug 2010 02:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-
volvosneverdie
- *** V3M DONOR ***
- Posts: 9143
- Joined: 11 Nov 2008 04:22 pm
- Location: Newcastle Upon Toon
- 340GLT
- *** V3M DONOR ***
- Posts: 3657
- Joined: 31 Mar 2005 09:01 pm
- Location: Shropshire & Swansea, UK
- Contact:
Re: 340 Williams: My car possibly for sale
Do you know what's gone mate? I can poss give you a hand to sort it if you could get it recovered to me??
Adam
Adam
F559 LFE - 340R 2.0 16v
C208 CTR - 340 1.8 16v
D300 LBO - 360 GLT 3 Door Turbo project!! (and restoration)
F706 RBX - 350R in process!!!
C208 CTR - 340 1.8 16v
D300 LBO - 360 GLT 3 Door Turbo project!! (and restoration)
F706 RBX - 350R in process!!!
Re: 340 Williams: My car possibly for sale
Balls, that sucks them
Hope you can get it sorted cheaply rather than having to sell up.
Hope you can get it sorted cheaply rather than having to sell up.
89 3dr 340DL in Battleship grey with Ultralights and Williams power
Whats the matter with the car i'm driving can't you tell that it's out of style?
Whats the matter with the car i'm driving can't you tell that it's out of style?
- Hell Driver
- Posts: 1417
- Joined: 18 Aug 2009 09:58 pm
- Location: Doncaster UK
Re: 340 Williams: My car possibly for sale
360 GLE Saloon (D 86)
360 GLS (A 84)
343 DL (W 80)
340 GL 1.7 (G 89)
360 GLS (Y 83)
440 Turbo (J 92)
Transit Tipper 125 T350 (02)Alive Again!
Transit Tipper Smiley face Q reg
Mitsubishi Colt 1.1 (54)
R.I.P. 77 343 DL vario
360 GLS (A 84)
343 DL (W 80)
340 GL 1.7 (G 89)
360 GLS (Y 83)
440 Turbo (J 92)
Transit Tipper 125 T350 (02)Alive Again!
Transit Tipper Smiley face Q reg
Mitsubishi Colt 1.1 (54)
R.I.P. 77 343 DL vario
Re: 340 Williams: My car possibly for sale
I almost love that you're all sad about this, I've drowned my sorrows and I will reassess the situation tomorrow.
Re: 340 Williams: My car possibly for sale
Surely between us there must be a box? I really can't see why you are tearing them though
'89(G) 340 GLE B172k
'03 S60 D5 SE, '91 (J) MX5, 1954 Cyclemaster
Ex:
'89(F) 340 GL F7R (ex B172k) - Fake -> SBKV 300 Runner Up 08, 12; '91(H) 340 GL B14.4E - Kar; '88(F) 360 GLT B200E - Jet -> BKV 300 Runner Up 09; '89(G) 360 GLT B200E - Beast
'03 S60 D5 SE, '91 (J) MX5, 1954 Cyclemaster
Ex:
'89(F) 340 GL F7R (ex B172k) - Fake -> SBKV 300 Runner Up 08, 12; '91(H) 340 GL B14.4E - Kar; '88(F) 360 GLT B200E - Jet -> BKV 300 Runner Up 09; '89(G) 360 GLT B200E - Beast
Re: 340 Williams: My car possibly for sale
What's confusing is that it is a constant grinding noise when I roll the car, almost like not being quite in gear. If I'd shredded a gear or part of the diff I would expect it to grab at some point in the rotation. I wasn't giving it beans at all so it's unlikely that I've shredded teeth. It's been clunking a bit for a day or so and it finally let go when casually pulling away from a roundabout
It may well be the splines on the gearbox/diff linkage shaft, I'll have to do some trial and error. I have a spare gearbox but no spare diff.
Re: 340 Williams: My car possibly for sale
Panic over. Looking at it again in the light I noticed the off side drive shaft spinning all the way to the hub. A cheap fix, hallelujah! I guess it's no longer for sale then
Thanks for the offers of help everyone
- trabitom99
- *** V3M DONOR ***
- Posts: 4398
- Joined: 06 Jan 2007 02:38 pm
- Location: Bonn, Germany
Re: 340 Williams: My car no longer for sale
Good news, glad it was a quick fix!
Cheers
Tom
Cheers
Tom
343 GL Touring B14.1E CVT (155) 98000kms 1980 (sold)
343 L Junior B14.3E MT4 (155) 229000kms 1981 (scrapped)
343 DLS B19A MT4 (155) 167900kms 1982
360 GL Injection B200F MT5 (231) 348598kms 1988 (scrapped)
360 GLT B200F MT5 (302) 230000kms 1988
343 L Junior B14.3E MT4 (155) 229000kms 1981 (scrapped)
343 DLS B19A MT4 (155) 167900kms 1982
360 GL Injection B200F MT5 (231) 348598kms 1988 (scrapped)
360 GLT B200F MT5 (302) 230000kms 1988
-
volvosneverdie
- *** V3M DONOR ***
- Posts: 9143
- Joined: 11 Nov 2008 04:22 pm
- Location: Newcastle Upon Toon
Re: 340 Williams: My car no longer for sale
great news dude.
this is your car.
you made it, and you deserve to keep it.
glad it was an easy make-right.

this is your car.
you made it, and you deserve to keep it.
glad it was an easy make-right.
