How hard is it too fit?, I have 12 days until my free retest runs out
Happy
Happy
I have just been offered a new crossmember for my 360GL
How hard is it too fit?, I have 12 days until my free retest runs out
How hard is it too fit?, I have 12 days until my free retest runs out
Volvo 360 -- Small Car - BIG Ideas
E990 UBA Volvo 360GL - Vanised
D133 OBU Volvo 340GL - Died
F330 FWB Volvo 360GLT - She Runs
GJ53 GPF Volvo S60 - Daily
E990 UBA Volvo 360GL - Vanised
D133 OBU Volvo 340GL - Died
F330 FWB Volvo 360GLT - She Runs
GJ53 GPF Volvo S60 - Daily
-
classicswede
- *** V3M DONOR ***
- Posts: 5471
- Joined: 25 Apr 2005 06:52 pm
- Location: Anglesey North Wales
- Contact:
Should be an easy days job. You will need to disconect the steering rack(5mm hex key if same as 340) wishbones and then there are 3 or 4 bolts each side. I know the 340 engine mounts bolt to it but not sure how the 360 fit on.
I hope you fix it now so I dont have to find room for another car.
Dai
I hope you fix it now so I dont have to find room for another car.
Dai
Dai
Please email me directly on dai@classicswede.co.uk
http://www.classicswede.com
phone/text 07824887160
Web shop http://www.classicswede.co.uk/

Please email me directly on dai@classicswede.co.uk
http://www.classicswede.com
phone/text 07824887160
Web shop http://www.classicswede.co.uk/

-
classicswede
- *** V3M DONOR ***
- Posts: 5471
- Joined: 25 Apr 2005 06:52 pm
- Location: Anglesey North Wales
- Contact:
If you are going to be fitting it on your drive make sure you support the car on some wood to spread the load.
When I did my engine swap I held the car up on axle stands the end result was a dent in the cassis rail on both sides.
Dai
When I did my engine swap I held the car up on axle stands the end result was a dent in the cassis rail on both sides.
Dai
Dai
Please email me directly on dai@classicswede.co.uk
http://www.classicswede.com
phone/text 07824887160
Web shop http://www.classicswede.co.uk/

Please email me directly on dai@classicswede.co.uk
http://www.classicswede.com
phone/text 07824887160
Web shop http://www.classicswede.co.uk/

Thinking about it i'll take some photos so if anyone else has a problem we can put up a visual reference. May as well make use of it while it's being done eh 
Volvo 360 -- Small Car - BIG Ideas
E990 UBA Volvo 360GL - Vanised
D133 OBU Volvo 340GL - Died
F330 FWB Volvo 360GLT - She Runs
GJ53 GPF Volvo S60 - Daily
E990 UBA Volvo 360GL - Vanised
D133 OBU Volvo 340GL - Died
F330 FWB Volvo 360GLT - She Runs
GJ53 GPF Volvo S60 - Daily
-
classicswede
- *** V3M DONOR ***
- Posts: 5471
- Joined: 25 Apr 2005 06:52 pm
- Location: Anglesey North Wales
- Contact:
Yeh go for it take pictures of all the bolts etc you have to remove and do a spep by step write up. It would be a very good referance for other ppl to use
Dai
Dai
Dai
Please email me directly on dai@classicswede.co.uk
http://www.classicswede.com
phone/text 07824887160
Web shop http://www.classicswede.co.uk/

Please email me directly on dai@classicswede.co.uk
http://www.classicswede.com
phone/text 07824887160
Web shop http://www.classicswede.co.uk/

Its quite a tedious job. The crossmember can be removed and refitted with everything else on the car, but the bolts of the steering rack are very difficult to get at. Spent something like an hour of wrenching on them. Other then that its pretty straightforward, remember to replace all bushing wherever you see them.
Scuderia Rollator: Racing fridges and tractors
1988 Volvo 360 trackbeater and money eater
1983 Toyota AE86 GT-coupe - moneypit numbero dos
1985 Toyota AE86 trueno - drift only
1972 Toyota Corolla KE25 coupe
1988 Volvo 360 trackbeater and money eater
1983 Toyota AE86 GT-coupe - moneypit numbero dos
1985 Toyota AE86 trueno - drift only
1972 Toyota Corolla KE25 coupe
-
classicswede
- *** V3M DONOR ***
- Posts: 5471
- Joined: 25 Apr 2005 06:52 pm
- Location: Anglesey North Wales
- Contact:
Its only the wishbone and tie bar bushes you are likely to disturb. I can supply poly ones if you want them.
Dai
Dai
Dai
Please email me directly on dai@classicswede.co.uk
http://www.classicswede.com
phone/text 07824887160
Web shop http://www.classicswede.co.uk/

Please email me directly on dai@classicswede.co.uk
http://www.classicswede.com
phone/text 07824887160
Web shop http://www.classicswede.co.uk/

-
classicswede
- *** V3M DONOR ***
- Posts: 5471
- Joined: 25 Apr 2005 06:52 pm
- Location: Anglesey North Wales
- Contact:
The wishbone to crossmember bushes ar £25 the pair and the tie bar ones ar £20 the set.
Dai
Dai
Dai
Please email me directly on dai@classicswede.co.uk
http://www.classicswede.com
phone/text 07824887160
Web shop http://www.classicswede.co.uk/

Please email me directly on dai@classicswede.co.uk
http://www.classicswede.com
phone/text 07824887160
Web shop http://www.classicswede.co.uk/

