new forumS

A global place for general discussion (Volvo, V3M or non-Volvo related topics).
Please introduce yourself here, your Volvo 300 hobby...
NO technical support, parts requests or car advertisements here
User avatar
Chris_C
*** V3M DONOR ***
Posts: 9600
Joined: 18 Jun 2004 11:53 pm
Location: South Coast, UK

Post by Chris_C »

We are NOT having a 480 forum. I shall stamp my foot, and all shall listen. They are evil, the work of a foooool, and generally, cr*p.
'89(G) 340 GLE B172k
'03 S60 D5 SE, '91 (J) MX5, 1954 Cyclemaster
Ex:
'89(F) 340 GL F7R (ex B172k) - Fake -> SBKV 300 Runner Up 08, 12; '91(H) 340 GL B14.4E - Kar; '88(F) 360 GLT B200E - Jet -> BKV 300 Runner Up 09; '89(G) 360 GLT B200E - Beast
User avatar
girlracer
Posts: 355
Joined: 19 Jun 2005 12:09 pm
Location: Wales
Contact:

Post by girlracer »

Ok we haer ya! no need to have a hissy fit breathe Chris breathe!!
I understand but I like the 480!
vicky
User avatar
Cornholio
*** V3M DONOR ***
Posts: 921
Joined: 21 Jul 2005 01:29 pm
Location: Nottingham, UK

Post by Cornholio »

Almost bought one myself once. Phew, that was close.

OK, so they are FWD, but at least they come with a free fish pond in the back!
  • Affie - 1987 340 GL 1.7 - scrapped
  • Sausage - 1990 340 1.4 - banger raced
  • Rory - 1989 340 Image - broken
  • Brian - 1991 940 SE 2.0 Turbo Estate - murdered
  • Geraldine - Kia Venga
User avatar
Chris_C
*** V3M DONOR ***
Posts: 9600
Joined: 18 Jun 2004 11:53 pm
Location: South Coast, UK

Post by Chris_C »

Lol, I bought one last night.. and took it back an hour later. Although I think I know what the problem was, I wasn't towing a car with no electrics 150miles. Granted teh chap I got it from was a decent bloke, and I was happy to drive with a lack of electrics... but...
'89(G) 340 GLE B172k
'03 S60 D5 SE, '91 (J) MX5, 1954 Cyclemaster
Ex:
'89(F) 340 GL F7R (ex B172k) - Fake -> SBKV 300 Runner Up 08, 12; '91(H) 340 GL B14.4E - Kar; '88(F) 360 GLT B200E - Jet -> BKV 300 Runner Up 09; '89(G) 360 GLT B200E - Beast
classicswede
*** V3M DONOR ***
Posts: 5471
Joined: 25 Apr 2005 06:52 pm
Location: Anglesey North Wales
Contact:

Post by classicswede »

With a "other models" (no mick not that kind of model!) forum you could slag em off as much as you like :lol:
Dai

Please email me directly on dai@classicswede.co.uk

http://www.classicswede.com

phone/text 07824887160

Web shop http://www.classicswede.co.uk/

Image
User avatar
petefarrell360
*** V3M DONOR ***
Posts: 3083
Joined: 11 Oct 2004 07:12 pm
Location: Bucks, UK

Post by petefarrell360 »

Unlucky Chris, at least you got it sorted, not a good experience and a wasted trip though, and still Karless. Before I bought my first GLT, I was nearly 50/50 between a 360 GLT and a 480. I knew a lot more about the 360's, as my parents had owned them, and the 480 seemed too full of problems, but was also a bit marmite like, you either love it or hate it looks wise. I liked the look, just too much to go wrong. Plus the insurance was a lot more expensive.

So, the new forum areas...... I'd personally like to see somewhere for members with other Volvo models to be able to at least present them, and talk about them, but we don't want to lose our identity and become a general Volvo site. We have some member who are willing to join in, even though they don't own 300's, or even Volvo's for that matter! We should welcome them. General discussion is ok, but a special area would be more accommodating, and easier to spot or find the posts at a later date, or for new members.

Pete
G reg 360 GLT, G reg 340 GL Variomatic, plus many more..........
redline
*** V3M DONOR ***
Posts: 5432
Joined: 05 Oct 2004 10:18 am
Location: MILTON KEYNES , ENGLAND

Post by redline »

petefarrell360 wrote:. So, the new forum areas...... I'd personally like to see somewhere for members with other Volvo models but we don't want to lose our identity and become a general Volvo site. We have some member who are willing to join in, even though they don't own 300's, or even Volvo's for that matter! We should welcome them. General discussion is ok, but a special area would be more accommodating, and easier to spot or find the posts at a later date, or for new members.
Pete
so what your really saying ( in not so many words ) is give the riff raff there own special place and keep them there lol
Image
User avatar
Stuntman
Posts: 449
Joined: 27 Nov 2005 05:38 pm
Location: Derbyshire

Post by Stuntman »

Other models would cover it, I'd love another 300 but the 240 just has the practicality I need, I can also come here for tuning advice etc, oh and to steal other peoples gauges and Trip computers if they ever come up!!!
Erm, I've lost my keys again...
redline
*** V3M DONOR ***
Posts: 5432
Joined: 05 Oct 2004 10:18 am
Location: MILTON KEYNES , ENGLAND

Post by redline »

I think we need a pervy over 18@s section and Vicky should be moderator lol
Image
User avatar
girlracer
Posts: 355
Joined: 19 Jun 2005 12:09 pm
Location: Wales
Contact:

Post by girlracer »

cool idea but It would be a dirty site!! not sure if Aymat would have that!
vicky
redline
*** V3M DONOR ***
Posts: 5432
Joined: 05 Oct 2004 10:18 am
Location: MILTON KEYNES , ENGLAND

Post by redline »

Aymat who ? lol sm14 oh yes I remember that name from the early days
Image
User avatar
girlracer
Posts: 355
Joined: 19 Jun 2005 12:09 pm
Location: Wales
Contact:

Post by girlracer »

:lol: very funny hey mick look at my topic in general it should have u in a fit of giggles
vicky
User avatar
Andy's-Old-Beast
Posts: 144
Joined: 06 Dec 2005 08:39 pm
Location: Vancouver, Canada

Post by Andy's-Old-Beast »

redline wrote:I think we need a pervy over 18@s section...
From what I've seen of it so far, I thought the whole site was one! :wink:
Previous owner of The Beast!
Now a 1969 Dodge Monaco 5.2 V8 :D
redline
*** V3M DONOR ***
Posts: 5432
Joined: 05 Oct 2004 10:18 am
Location: MILTON KEYNES , ENGLAND

Post by redline »

redline wrote:I think we need a pervy over 18@s section and Vicky should be moderator lol
yeah I only mentioned the above because of Vickys off topic thread
Image
User avatar
girlracer
Posts: 355
Joined: 19 Jun 2005 12:09 pm
Location: Wales
Contact:

Post by girlracer »

come on mick give me responsibility!! im quite proud of my topic really who needs porn!!
vicky
Post Reply