Rear wiper & headlamp wash/wipe - complete set

Put here your advertisements to buy cars and parts
User avatar
trabitom99
*** V3M DONOR ***
Posts: 4398
Joined: 06 Jan 2007 02:38 pm
Location: Bonn, Germany

Rear wiper & headlamp wash/wipe - complete set

Post by trabitom99 »

The winter's on it's way with its nasty, salty roads. This means it's time to take the clean GLT off the road and bring the Gli out of hibernation to face the elements.

I'd quite like to turn it into a REAL winter car, I've already got the winter tyres, the foglamps, the radiator muff, what I'd quite like now is some more wipers.

Does anyone have a good set of headlamp & rear wipers & is willing to post? I'd really need a complete set including all the wiring, hoses, switches & pumps (not just the wipers themselves) as my car wasn't equipped with them from new and I need to fit them from scratch.

Here's a pic of the rear wiper assembly from the blue leaflet section:

Image

I thought the rear wiper assembly washed as well, but it doesn't look like it from that pic ...

... and this is the best pic of the headlight wash / wipe I could find:

Image

I think they run on a second pump, which is fitted to the windscreen wash reservoir, so I'd need that too.

Thanks again, looking forward to any offers!

Tom
343 GL Touring B14.1E CVT (155) 98000kms 1980 (sold)
343 L Junior B14.3E MT4 (155) 229000kms 1981 (scrapped)
343 DLS B19A MT4 (155) 167900kms 1982
360 GL Injection B200F MT5 (231) 348598kms 1988 (scrapped)
360 GLT B200F MT5 (302) 230000kms 1988
User avatar
Chris_C
*** V3M DONOR ***
Posts: 9600
Joined: 18 Jun 2004 11:53 pm
Location: South Coast, UK

Post by Chris_C »

The rear does wash mate, there is a squirty thing that goes through a hole in the top righthand side of the boot glass. If no one else can help, give me a shout, but all of the bits *if* I have them will be on the island, which I'm not frequenting for a while, so can't be sure!
'89(G) 340 GLE B172k
'03 S60 D5 SE, '91 (J) MX5, 1954 Cyclemaster
Ex:
'89(F) 340 GL F7R (ex B172k) - Fake -> SBKV 300 Runner Up 08, 12; '91(H) 340 GL B14.4E - Kar; '88(F) 360 GLT B200E - Jet -> BKV 300 Runner Up 09; '89(G) 360 GLT B200E - Beast
User avatar
petefarrell360
*** V3M DONOR ***
Posts: 3083
Joined: 11 Oct 2004 07:12 pm
Location: Bucks, UK

Post by petefarrell360 »

I may be able to help on the front half mate, but I don't have any bootlids left with bits in.

Chris is right, the rear screen has a hole for the washer nozzle. You're hardest mission is going to be threading the wires through the corner and round the bootlid IMO, as getting them out isn't easy! They seemed to be clipped in I think, or just caught.

Pete
G reg 360 GLT, G reg 340 GL Variomatic, plus many more..........
Nevesy
Posts: 40
Joined: 20 Jul 2007 06:27 pm
Location: South Wales

Post by Nevesy »

I have the motor and wiper and other bits, if you could help me locate them Id get them out for you no problem at all, the washer might be a problem though as I dont really want to leave a hole in the glass.
User avatar
trabitom99
*** V3M DONOR ***
Posts: 4398
Joined: 06 Jan 2007 02:38 pm
Location: Bonn, Germany

Post by trabitom99 »

Chris_C wrote:If no one else can help, give me a shout, but all of the bits *if* I have them will be on the island, which I'm not frequenting for a while, so can't be sure!
OK, will do!
petefarrell360 wrote:I may be able to help on the front half mate, but I don't have any bootlids left with bits in.Pete
Just the front half is fine! Do you know where the wipers get their power from? The foglight- and outside temperature gauge wiring was all nicely in place, so I'm hoping the wipers are pre-wired too ...
Nevesy wrote:I have the motor and wiper and other bits, if you could help me locate them Id get them out for you no problem at all, the washer might be a problem though as I dont really want to leave a hole in the glass.
Hm, I'm probably not the right one to help with locating as mine isn't fitted with them unfortunately ... Does the "blue leaflet" help?

Tom
343 GL Touring B14.1E CVT (155) 98000kms 1980 (sold)
343 L Junior B14.3E MT4 (155) 229000kms 1981 (scrapped)
343 DLS B19A MT4 (155) 167900kms 1982
360 GL Injection B200F MT5 (231) 348598kms 1988 (scrapped)
360 GLT B200F MT5 (302) 230000kms 1988
User avatar
petefarrell360
*** V3M DONOR ***
Posts: 3083
Joined: 11 Oct 2004 07:12 pm
Location: Bucks, UK

Post by petefarrell360 »

Erm, Aymat has completed the task of adding headlight wipers to his Euro spec GLT. It might be best to ask him if there are some plugs. IIRC the length of wire on the motors isn't that long....... so I think it joins somewhere around the back of the lights.

Pete
G reg 360 GLT, G reg 340 GL Variomatic, plus many more..........
User avatar
trabitom99
*** V3M DONOR ***
Posts: 4398
Joined: 06 Jan 2007 02:38 pm
Location: Bonn, Germany

Post by trabitom99 »

Nevesy wrote:the washer might be a problem though as I dont really want to leave a hole in the glass.
I've just seen what you mean on Annie86's car:
Image
Looks like it's just the wiper without the washer then. Shipping a whole rear screen might be a bit of a challenge ...

Tom
343 GL Touring B14.1E CVT (155) 98000kms 1980 (sold)
343 L Junior B14.3E MT4 (155) 229000kms 1981 (scrapped)
343 DLS B19A MT4 (155) 167900kms 1982
360 GL Injection B200F MT5 (231) 348598kms 1988 (scrapped)
360 GLT B200F MT5 (302) 230000kms 1988
redline
*** V3M DONOR ***
Posts: 5432
Joined: 05 Oct 2004 10:18 am
Location: MILTON KEYNES , ENGLAND

Post by redline »

the washer dosent have to go n the glass ,

you could get an after market one and fit it in the trailing edge of the c piller just to the side of the tailgate,, that way you wouldent have the problem of feeding the pipework into the tailgate
Image
User avatar
340GLT
*** V3M DONOR ***
Posts: 3657
Joined: 31 Mar 2005 09:01 pm
Location: Shropshire & Swansea, UK
Contact:

Post by 340GLT »

The other way is to fit the pipe to the wiper arm with some little holes in it. Works loads better anyway!!!
Adam
F559 LFE - 340R 2.0 16v
C208 CTR - 340 1.8 16v
D300 LBO - 360 GLT 3 Door Turbo project!! (and restoration)
F706 RBX - 350R in process!!!
User avatar
Chris_C
*** V3M DONOR ***
Posts: 9600
Joined: 18 Jun 2004 11:53 pm
Location: South Coast, UK

Post by Chris_C »

If you want to do want Adam says, grab the parts off a 406, I have a few here to fit to my fronts when I get round to it... :roll: :lol:
'89(G) 340 GLE B172k
'03 S60 D5 SE, '91 (J) MX5, 1954 Cyclemaster
Ex:
'89(F) 340 GL F7R (ex B172k) - Fake -> SBKV 300 Runner Up 08, 12; '91(H) 340 GL B14.4E - Kar; '88(F) 360 GLT B200E - Jet -> BKV 300 Runner Up 09; '89(G) 360 GLT B200E - Beast
User avatar
trabitom99
*** V3M DONOR ***
Posts: 4398
Joined: 06 Jan 2007 02:38 pm
Location: Bonn, Germany

Post by trabitom99 »

That's a good idea! 405's had them too, works pretty well ...

Tom
343 GL Touring B14.1E CVT (155) 98000kms 1980 (sold)
343 L Junior B14.3E MT4 (155) 229000kms 1981 (scrapped)
343 DLS B19A MT4 (155) 167900kms 1982
360 GL Injection B200F MT5 (231) 348598kms 1988 (scrapped)
360 GLT B200F MT5 (302) 230000kms 1988
User avatar
filthyjohn
*** V3M DONOR ***
Posts: 2693
Joined: 12 Sep 2006 09:07 pm
Location: Sunderland, Ringpiece Of England

Post by filthyjohn »

Tom, mine has all the parts except for the actual front wiper arms, I should be able to remove most of it intact, lay it out on the floor and take some pics for you if you like. I was going to swap the rear hatch for my black one anyway, so I can confirm that the whole rear system works fine.
'87 Nissan Sunny
'95 945 LPT
'90 340 3dr
'87 360 GLT
'87 765 TIC
'75 Manta A
'70 Rover P5 V8
'67 MGB GT
'62 amazon 2dr
User avatar
trabitom99
*** V3M DONOR ***
Posts: 4398
Joined: 06 Jan 2007 02:38 pm
Location: Bonn, Germany

Post by trabitom99 »

That'd be great, John! No wiper arms are OK, beetlebum2_uk (Joe) or Pete might be able to help with those ...

Tom
343 GL Touring B14.1E CVT (155) 98000kms 1980 (sold)
343 L Junior B14.3E MT4 (155) 229000kms 1981 (scrapped)
343 DLS B19A MT4 (155) 167900kms 1982
360 GL Injection B200F MT5 (231) 348598kms 1988 (scrapped)
360 GLT B200F MT5 (302) 230000kms 1988
User avatar
filthyjohn
*** V3M DONOR ***
Posts: 2693
Joined: 12 Sep 2006 09:07 pm
Location: Sunderland, Ringpiece Of England

Post by filthyjohn »

Okey dokey then, all being well I'll get over to the unit and pull everything apart tomorrow, take some clear pictures, and get it all boxed up. Can't promise though, as I didn't finish work 'til 2am.
Everyone do me a favour and avoid buying a Nissan Qashqai, at the moment we have 66,000 more orders than predicted, and are working a LOT of overtime to keep up. sm41
'87 Nissan Sunny
'95 945 LPT
'90 340 3dr
'87 360 GLT
'87 765 TIC
'75 Manta A
'70 Rover P5 V8
'67 MGB GT
'62 amazon 2dr
User avatar
petefarrell360
*** V3M DONOR ***
Posts: 3083
Joined: 11 Oct 2004 07:12 pm
Location: Bucks, UK

Post by petefarrell360 »

LOL, John, I think you're safe from anyone on here buying a Nissan.......! :lol:

Pete
G reg 360 GLT, G reg 340 GL Variomatic, plus many more..........
Post Reply