West Midlands Meet - Sunday 22nd January 2006

Volvo 300 Mania meetings dates and events
User avatar
d3k4y0
*** V3M DONOR ***
Posts: 1033
Joined: 24 Jun 2005 03:05 pm
Location: St Helens

Post by d3k4y0 »

.....
swines
Image
redline
*** V3M DONOR ***
Posts: 5432
Joined: 05 Oct 2004 10:18 am
Location: MILTON KEYNES , ENGLAND

Post by redline »

davey I have solved your problem bring your girlfriend
( in a bikini coz we need a miss October )
Image
User avatar
girlracer
Posts: 355
Joined: 19 Jun 2005 12:09 pm
Location: Wales
Contact:

Post by girlracer »

how about the 8th then bloody hell i hate being a woman sometimes


:lol: vicky
User avatar
petavius
*** V3M DONOR ***
Posts: 537
Joined: 02 Aug 2004 09:11 pm
Location: Shropshire, England
Contact:

Post by petavius »

I hear ya! Any date is fine for me, I can only do sundays though as i work every other day
340GL 1984 B406 AJO - scrapped (sob)
340GLE 1987 E880 UUX

Image
User avatar
MJ
*** V3M DONOR ***
Posts: 1933
Joined: 24 Feb 2005 10:32 pm
Location: Devon/Staffordshire, UK

Post by MJ »

No I can't do the 8th 22nd sounds good to me! :)
User avatar
girlracer
Posts: 355
Joined: 19 Jun 2005 12:09 pm
Location: Wales
Contact:

Post by girlracer »

well which one is it steve? u plan it u date it!!! :lol: time is running out......

vicky
User avatar
Stuntman
Posts: 449
Joined: 27 Nov 2005 05:38 pm
Location: Derbyshire

240 Owner Here

Post by Stuntman »

Hello, I'm trying to get together some of the less old fashioned 240 owners as we want to the same level of friendliness that you lot have here.

Just an offer but I have land, a pub attached to my house and a kettle if it's any use to anyone :mrgreen:

It'd be nice to start a SPARES, SPANNERS & SPAM annual meet for the younger and younger at heart of us.

There a few of us younger 240 drivers around now (under 30) it's be good to meet up with you guys
Erm, I've lost my keys again...
User avatar
SteveP
*** V3M DONOR ***
Posts: 7944
Joined: 21 Sep 2004 12:45 pm
Location: Coventry, UK

Post by SteveP »

I say the 22nd - it seems the date where most of us are available.

Hmm.. Stuntman, could be a possibility... a land and a pub sounds good! Depends what other people think and the availability on this date!
1989 - Volvo 360 GLT
1985 - Volvo 360 GLS
2008 - Volvo S60 SE Lux
User avatar
V6 Man
*** V3M DONOR ***
Posts: 1204
Joined: 27 Jul 2004 11:36 pm
Location: Belper, Derbyshire UK

Post by V6 Man »

A pub in Derbyshire - well that narrows it down then.......... :lol:

I can think of about 20 pubs within crawling distance of me, although to be fair that number does drop a bit when you exclude those without land.

Anyhoo, Gem and I need a date so we can make plans........
Terms and conditions apply. This post may go down as well as up. Regulated by the Financial Services Authority. Hard hats to be worn. No reversing without a banksman. No admittance to unauthorized persons. Stop that. Put that down. Leave that alone.
User avatar
petavius
*** V3M DONOR ***
Posts: 537
Joined: 02 Aug 2004 09:11 pm
Location: Shropshire, England
Contact:

Post by petavius »

Steady now!
340GL 1984 B406 AJO - scrapped (sob)
340GLE 1987 E880 UUX

Image
User avatar
MJ
*** V3M DONOR ***
Posts: 1933
Joined: 24 Feb 2005 10:32 pm
Location: Devon/Staffordshire, UK

Post by MJ »

22nd it is then :)
User avatar
340GLT
*** V3M DONOR ***
Posts: 3657
Joined: 31 Mar 2005 09:01 pm
Location: Shropshire & Swansea, UK
Contact:

Post by 340GLT »

yep looks that way!!
Cheers Adam
F559 LFE - 340R 2.0 16v
C208 CTR - 340 1.8 16v
D300 LBO - 360 GLT 3 Door Turbo project!! (and restoration)
F706 RBX - 350R in process!!!
User avatar
MJ
*** V3M DONOR ***
Posts: 1933
Joined: 24 Feb 2005 10:32 pm
Location: Devon/Staffordshire, UK

Post by MJ »

And it seems to be Ludlow, so you Shropshire folks need to decide where we're going to meet, and give directions/maps :)

Ahh heck. The earliest train gets there at 12:14, and goes via Crewe :(

The earliest train to Birmingham gets there at 10:43, is there anyway to get to Ludlow from there? Or perhaps someone could pick me up from the station :D

According to Multimap it's a 3 hour drive from there, so we wouldn't get there untill 1:45 :(...

Come to think of it, getting there at 12:14 isn't too bad, and it's only 2 hours on the train vs 40 mins to Brum.

Not sure how I can go so far out of the way and get there in 2 hours, vs 3:40 going to Brum and then by road :?

And a basic return ticket's only £15 vs £5, so not too bad.

Looks like I'm sorted :)
User avatar
foggyjames
*** V3M DONOR ***
Posts: 9361
Joined: 29 Jan 2004 04:20 am
Location: Nottingham, UK

Post by foggyjames »

3 hours from Brum to Ludlow?! I think Multimap is on the crack pipe...you'd have to be averaging ~10mph to manage that! I can do Torbay > Derby in 3.5, and only doing 70!

If I'm in Derby I can probably give you a lift MJ, especially if you get a train to Derby.

cheers

James
VOC 300-series Register Keeper
'89 740 Turbo Intercooler
'88 360 Turbo Intercooler
'85 360 GLT
'81 343 GLS R-Sport
'79 343 DL
'70 164
...and some modern FWD nonsense to get me to work...
User avatar
MJ
*** V3M DONOR ***
Posts: 1933
Joined: 24 Feb 2005 10:32 pm
Location: Devon/Staffordshire, UK

Post by MJ »

It looks a fairly good route, a bit out of the way. It recons it's 54 miles, with a lot ot it on A roads, so if you say 44mph because of speed limits, it should be about an hour if you take it 15 miles of motorway, hmm...

Thanks for the offer James, but the earliest train to Derby gets there at 3PM ;)
Post Reply