Page 2 of 5
Posted: 16 Nov 2005 10:00 am
by bodejodel
Posted: 16 Nov 2005 10:05 am
by SteveP
bodejodel wrote:I have no rear valance yet but I can show you the front valance and sideskirts on my car.
I can show you them all

But people already know what it looks like

Posted: 16 Nov 2005 12:44 pm
by RandomHero
He just wants to show off his car hehe

....just kidding
I almost had a body kit last summer. But the car where it was on was sold before we got there.....
Posted: 16 Nov 2005 01:21 pm
by bodejodel
RandomHero wrote:He just wants to show off his car hehe

....just kidding

I was just answering Foggy's request...

Posted: 16 Nov 2005 01:41 pm
by foggyjames
Haha
Thanks to Mr Fuse
cheers
James
Posted: 22 Nov 2005 02:10 pm
by 360
petefarrell360 wrote:Hmmm, ok, I'm just not sure about the rust attracting, water holding, fresh drilling/screwing/rivetting in a nice clean rust free sill. Steve, do you think any of your rust problems may have been aided by the bodykit in anyway, or appear to have started near a fixing point? I'll still be in on the group buy, but it's just a concern I wish to address.
Pete
I often think the same thing;and I'm very reluctant to risk anything that attracts the dreaded rot. So, why not simply glass it in?
If you do then there ain't no holes and properly done is probably more secure than screwing/rivetting the bits in place.
I do have an open question for anyone - does anyone have a rear valance for a saloon?
(not got a saloon yet; but there's nothing like forward planning

Posted: 22 Nov 2005 02:17 pm
by SteveP
360 wrote:I do have an open question for anyone - does anyone have a rear valance for a saloon?
Yep, but it's on my car

I believe that someone else had a rear saloon valance from a scrapped car, but I can't remember - they were on about modifying it to fit a hatch.
Posted: 22 Nov 2005 03:17 pm
by foggyjames
The kit Al had for his first GLT was from a saloon. Now long since gone...
I guess we'll have to speak very nicely to Mr P if we want a saloon rear valance moulded!
I'd not glass it in, as you might want to remove it to carry out repairs! Flexible seam sealer might suitably seal it?
Can Chris and Pete get in touch regarding payment please? I'm aiming to go pick the skirts up in early December, but Mr Slater needs a deposit first
cheers
James
Posted: 22 Nov 2005 08:16 pm
by petefarrell360

Helloooo! Payment will be on it's way James, can either give ya money direct at the weekend, a cheque, or Paypal it with a card to save costs. You decide and PM me to remind me which address to use if you want Paypal! Cheers.
Pete
Posted: 22 Nov 2005 09:55 pm
by 340cbr
Weel, I think that I'll wait for the complete set
For now I have to save the money for others things on the car

Posted: 22 Nov 2005 10:14 pm
by foggyjames
Good point Pete - cheque at the weekend is just perfect!
cheers
James
Posted: 22 Nov 2005 10:37 pm
by Fuse
The attatchment of sideskirts should be done properly. In mine someone has not rust proofed the attatch points properly and there's now a little bigger hole underneath the driver's side skirt. Luckily it's nothing major but it's still a rust hole. I'm going to get those welded when I remove the parts at next summer and repaint them. Side skirts are kinda faded.

I'm also going to replace both front wings while I'm at it if I can get new ones painted at fair price somewhere. It doesn't show in pics but there's little rust in them around the bolts which attatch them on to the body. I sanded them for now but as there has been rust it will appear sooner or later again.

Posted: 22 Nov 2005 11:24 pm
by 360
foggyjames wrote:
I guess we'll have to speak very nicely to Mr P if we want a saloon rear valance moulded!
I'd not glass it in, as you might want to remove it to carry out repairs! Flexible seam sealer might suitably seal it?
cheers
James
Who's Mr P, James, and is that major arse licking? (I'm well out of practice), or just serious carpet crawling?
I do see your point about not glassing in. On the other hand, if it came to repairs, they could always be done in situ - my dad's a dab hand (major Lotus/TVR/Scimitar man).
Posted: 22 Nov 2005 11:31 pm
by petefarrell360
Ok James, cheque at the weekend Sir, don't let me forget!
Mr P would be SteveP, with the *PIMP* bodykitted saloon, *PIMP* in the very nice Ocean Blue Metallic.
When it comes to attaching my bodykit, some serious rust proofing will be done, I don't want to ruin the otherwise rust free car with the kit, but it needs to have it!
Pete
Posted: 23 Nov 2005 01:41 am
by Chris_C
Foggy, shout at me on MSN or drop me an email as to how much and to where

Cheque I can send or paypal