Page 2 of 2

Posted: 18 Oct 2006 12:11 pm
by redline
foggyjames wrote:Rupert came out
about time too if you ask me lol


funny time to choose though , being stuck in a car with two other guys during a long overnight journey :lol:

Re: Foggy, Pettaw and V6Man's European adventure!

Posted: 18 Oct 2006 02:11 pm
by Duvel78
V6 Man wrote: Image
I know the man with white hair!!! It's WOLFGANG :D

A famous Variomaniac in Germany... He bought my nice 343... I misssssss you little Volvo :(

Image

He invited me to see his collection of Volvos 66 and 340 variomatic...

Nice to see the pictures of your trip guys, it was great to see you again after 2 weeks and to meet you Rupert!

All these Volvos 66 do something to me because I like that model, my parents had one... I'll buy one in the future...

Re: Foggy, Pettaw and V6Man's European adventure!

Posted: 18 Oct 2006 02:30 pm
by Cornholio
Duvel78 wrote:All these Volvos 66 do something to me because I like that model...
I'm sure I'm on the wrong forum. Except for Aymat's lovely 345 and Foggy's highly practical 245, the car I really like in those pictures is...













:oops: ...













Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm...
Image

Posted: 18 Oct 2006 03:58 pm
by redline
see the passion for citroens is spreading ,

first myself then Carl and now Gavin

Posted: 18 Oct 2006 04:00 pm
by Cornholio
My first car was an old green LHD 2CV :lol:

Posted: 18 Oct 2006 06:34 pm
by foggyjames
It must be said Aymat, Wolfgang was extremely rude to me about the condition of the car, when it really wasn't his place to say. I was quite upset about it. I'm sure he's a devoted car fan, but he needs to learn some manners!

Apart from that, it was a great trip.

cheers

James

Posted: 18 Oct 2006 06:56 pm
by foggyjames
I just remembered this, and posted it on the VOC forum...
There was a lovely moment as we were about to get onto the ferry. We were at the head of the queue, as we missed our original ferry, and when we returned from getting breakfast, a white P1 V70 was at the head of the adjacent lane. There were a few sideways glances at these nutters and their heap(s) of rust...

When we came to move off, his lane was flagged to move first, at which point he sat cranking it over for about 30 seconds with no sign of a start. The 240 starts beautifully, and fired a split second after the key was turned...intentionally halfway through his efforts ;) I assume he got it started, but we were off and away up the ramp :D I believe the term 'owned' springs to mind :)
cheers

James