Page 2 of 3

Posted: 02 Dec 2006 01:48 am
by petefarrell360
Right, I've been badgered to get some pics up, pre video! So, here are a couple.....
Image
Aymat the man himself with his Vario

Image
The official shot of what could be the V3M band, 'The Front Seat Heaters!'

Image
Mr FoggyJames

Image
Rupert posing on Aymat's roof!

Image
Rupert with an odd expression on Aymat's roof!

Top weekend gents!

Pete aka Randy

Posted: 02 Dec 2006 01:55 am
by V6 Man
Thanks Randy - not entirely sure they were worth waiting for though..........

Anyway, here's a little vid of Andy's 360.

http://myweb.tiscali.co.uk/uselessthings/gepwnt.avi

Right click, save as etc

Posted: 02 Dec 2006 02:27 am
by petefarrell360
Ok, as Chalkers wasn't too impressed, a few more.......

Image
Dodgy bunch!

Image
Returning through France as the sun was setting.

Image

Image

Image
The 240 following on our diversion.

Image
Classic sign!

Pete

Posted: 02 Dec 2006 09:08 am
by redline
petefarrell360 wrote:
Image
Rupert with an odd expression on Aymat's roof!

Pete aka Randy
thats not an odd expression thats how Rupert looks normally

by the way Pete I think you are likeing the " Randy " nickname just a little bit tooo much to be healthy lol

Posted: 04 Dec 2006 11:10 pm
by petefarrell360
Right, after a long long wait the MEET VID!

http://www.volvo300mania.com/videos/v3m_meet_leuven.mpg

Richt click and save as!

It's currently best view in Relaplayer as Media Player likes to resize it to an odd shape.

Pete

Posted: 07 Dec 2006 06:12 pm
by pettaw
Was a good trip and went really well with no hitches, apart from the awful traffic on the way back to Calais.

Les Francais went on strike the day after we got back, so lucky we got back when we did. In fact there was 'industrial action' on the Monday, but luckily we only got delayed by half an hour :D

Thanks to Pete, James, Rupert for the good company and Chris for 'looking after' my car. Sideways round a roundabout indeed :?

Posted: 07 Dec 2006 06:20 pm
by Chris_C
It didn't go sideways.... I tried to make the back end break, but it wouldn't!!!

Don't worry, that was the only time I was harse with it, I was good all the rest of the time ;)

Posted: 07 Dec 2006 06:38 pm
by pettaw
Only because I was watching you the rest of the time :)

The back end would have broken traction if it had been unsettled enough. :D

Posted: 07 Dec 2006 07:30 pm
by foggyjames
Haha...outhooned by Andy ;) In all seriously, it's probably because he's got good tyres. If I'm remembering incorrectly here Chris, I do apologise, but I have a memory that you're a member of the £25 tyre brigade ;)

cheers

James

Posted: 08 Dec 2006 01:59 am
by Chris_C
You remember very incorrectly ;) I used to run straight Michelin energy's when I could get them for 18 quid a corner, then went to cheap tyres, until I nearly killled me and my nav last year on a rally. I now run decents.

I reckon its the rebuilt suspension tbh, there's no way your car could do what his did then dude ;)

Posted: 08 Dec 2006 02:52 am
by foggyjames
I do apologise for speaking ill of your tyre choice ;)

I'm just surprised you're raving about it...I honestly didn't think anything of it at the time. Andy's car is a confident feeling car, for sure...but that seemed 'normal' for spirited driving in a 360 to me. Perhaps it's because it's a 360? My 360 is far more 'planted' feeling than Nessy, even though Nessy will hang almost exactly the same corner speeds. That feeling could be because 340s are a touch more skittish on the limit...could be because Nessy's suspension is a bit sloppy :) Having said that, you drove Beast for a while...meh...I dunno.

cheers

James

Posted: 08 Dec 2006 12:08 pm
by SteveP
foggyjames wrote:I do apologise for speaking ill of your tyre choice ;)
O RLY? Michelin energys?! :lol:

Chris has always raved about 340's understeering less than 360's... where mine doesnt understeer unless you do something totally stupid. Ali never found a difference with the front end either (on new standard front shocks) but commented that the 360 is alot more balanced, ie. in the 340 the back end could break away even unprovoked :? Cheapo tyres, yes, but the same tyres he put on the 360 too...

Posted: 08 Dec 2006 12:48 pm
by Chris_C
I always said they understeer more yes, but the less oversteer is the more noticeable bit. Then again, having been in Nicks and Fake on gravel in the last few months, I can promise you they do understeer more, but that could be due to the fact I can kick the rear out so much easier.

It could just be a 360 is more balanced... but that one actually has useful suspension on it. It was 18months ish ago I drove Beast, I havn't had a 60 for a while.

Posted: 08 Dec 2006 02:23 pm
by SteveP
Until theres a fair comparison (ie. similarly worn shocks, similar tyres) on a 340 vs 360, I don't believe any of it ;)

Posted: 08 Dec 2006 05:15 pm
by Chris_C
You mean new cars.... :P :lol: