Page 2 of 12

Re: Foggy's scrappage scheme - breaking 3 300s

Posted: 01 May 2010 04:19 pm
by Alex Laidlaw
Hi

I'm looking for a 340 1.4 manual propshaft.

Regards
Alex

Re: Foggy's scrappage scheme - breaking 3 300s

Posted: 01 May 2010 05:06 pm
by foggyjames
JPB - I can get you a driver's seat, no problem. Colour of choice is a different matter...! The only one I'm intending to have "spare" at this point is the gold / bronze one from the GLS. The GLT seats are the rare early type, and quite desirable as a set, and the GL has a set of blue GLS seats (similar to the rare GLT ones mentioned earlier) which I'm planning to put in another car. To cut a long story short, there aren't as many seats available as you might think! If you're feeling adventurous, you could put the covers from your seat onto mine, to maintain the appearance. Someone else might have a better match, but if you're happy to put up with "a seat", I'm sure I can help out.

Valman - The 1.4's starter motor is dead, sadly. I burnt it out one night in a fit of grumpiness by trying to move the car using it (no fuel in the carb)...which only made me more grumpy, because it was pretty new! From memory, the 1.4 struts have slightly different camber to all others. One of them has a collapsed seat on the 1.4, but I can get you a pair from one of the others if you're not bothered about the camber situation. £10 each, something like that?

Phil - Sadly the driver's side wing is not in a remotely happy state. It's both rusty and dented. The other side is ok(ish) from memory...d'oh! The side indicator unit....the one in the bumper?

Alex - propshaft will be no problem. I have no idea of value, but this isn't a get rich quick scheme, so let me know what you think is reasonable.

cheers

James

Re: Foggy's scrappage scheme - breaking 3 300s

Posted: 01 May 2010 06:15 pm
by volvosneverdie
foggyjames wrote: I have no idea of value, but this isn't a get rich quick scheme, so let me know what you think is reasonable.

cheers

James
ha ha ha :lol:

dude, im surprised youre not bankrupt, the amount of gear you pass round for pennies.

Long may the generosity continue.

Re: Foggy's scrappage scheme - breaking 3 300s

Posted: 01 May 2010 06:48 pm
by Chris_C
Foggy, I need to talk to you about loomage. I'm going to try and start a "fix the damage caused by rusty windscreens and making flaky starter motor and light connections"a-thon.

I'll give you a bell or msn if you ever come back on it at some point ;)

Re: Foggy's scrappage scheme - breaking 3 300s

Posted: 01 May 2010 06:56 pm
by foggyjames
This is all in aid of going back to one unit. The amount that will save me makes everything else pale into insignificance! :D

Rusty windscreen, Chris? sm56

cheers

James

Re: Foggy's scrappage scheme - breaking 3 300s

Posted: 01 May 2010 06:57 pm
by Chris_C
Theres so much rust I've had to deal with in that car it's even spread to the glass :oops:

You know what I mean you tart!

Re: Foggy's scrappage scheme - breaking 3 300s

Posted: 01 May 2010 06:59 pm
by trabitom99
James, I could do with some bits'n'bobs, if you're able to remove them:

that rear leaf spring bracket
1983-on rear RH window elevator (the "crank mechanism" which slides into the runner of the rear window)
1980-1984 LH outer door handle (UK passenger side) 3277763

does Nessy have a rear wiper? If so, I'd be interested in a rear window with washer nozzle if you're not keeping the tailgate as a whole?

I've already contacted dafhobby about the leaf spring bracket and the rear window crank, so give me a quick shout before you remove anything just in case I've got the bits already ...

Cheers

Tom

Re: Foggy's scrappage scheme - breaking 3 300s

Posted: 01 May 2010 07:01 pm
by trabitom99
Chris_C wrote:I'm going to try and start a "fix the damage caused by rusty windscreens ...
Chris_C wrote:Theres so much rust I've had to deal with in that car it's even spread to the glass :oops:
You know what I mean you tart!
I know what you mean too, unfortunately :?

Tom

Re: Foggy's scrappage scheme - breaking 3 300s

Posted: 01 May 2010 07:13 pm
by foggyjames
Hehe...comedy is my way of dealing with the pain of also having dealt with a rusty windscreen surround (probably several)...in my case, so far, using a chequebook. :(

Tom - the spring hanger thingy is a bit of a PITA...but...I am planning to remove the springs from Nessy, as it has the most amazingly mint (i.e. "tall") rear springs that it seems a shame for them to be crushed. The window mech should be fine. Do you want me to wait for Dafhobby to get back to you?

cheers

James

Re: Foggy's scrappage scheme - breaking 3 300s

Posted: 01 May 2010 08:06 pm
by trabitom99
Yes, I can imagine it'll not be an easy job ... Rainer said you'd need a special kind of saw (I forget the name...) to get at it, as space is tight. Don't go to any lengths on my account, there's no real rush, I'm planning to get the other rusty bits on the red 360 fixed some time over the summer.

How long will you still have access to the cars? I'll be away from mid May to early June, and won't be able to check my messages. If the cars need to be gone before then and you can't reach me, remove what you can (or what you feel like ;-) ) and if I end up with two of the same part never mind, a spare can't hurt :-)

Cheers

Tom

Re: Foggy's scrappage scheme - breaking 3 300s

Posted: 01 May 2010 08:26 pm
by pyro
well if you guys want a hand stripping them for parts give me a shout, anything to avoid revision!
im only in selby so not far from donny!

Ben

Re: Foggy's scrappage scheme - breaking 3 300s

Posted: 01 May 2010 09:03 pm
by foggyjames
The GLS is going to helldriver next weekend for a mild strip-down...but it needs to go fairly quickly. I want a few bits and bobs from it, but not much. It was pretty much a buy-one-get-one-free deal with an 88 GLT, which was of far more interest to me! The other two are getting stripped here in sunny Lincoln, and there's no defined timescale...although it would be nice to get shot of them the weekend I collect the 343, which is likely to be in a month or so.

I'll cut those out of Nessy, Tom, and we'll take it from there. I'll just cut whatever I need to with an angle grinder! I've been taking the windscreen surround out of my 240 today (the first scrappage victim - getting shot of 5 cars in total!), so I'm getting practiced!

cheers

James

Re: Foggy's scrappage scheme - breaking 3 300s

Posted: 01 May 2010 11:27 pm
by JPB
Hi James, yes, I'm happy to put up with any seat that still has its lumbar strap attached to the frame at both ends as I'm running out of tie wraps and would have to strip the upholstery from mine to weld the bracket back to the frame in any case. Having a spare seat will allow me time to do that without immobilising the car. Can't do that as it sits behind the Dolomite which is in daily use.
Swapping covers across won't be a problem, it's mainly that lumbar strap bracket and the foam on the base cushion that are needing my TLC.

Question is; how far away are you? I'm on the Northumberland coast, 25ish miles above Newcastle, obviously I don't mind driving to pick up but anything over around 2 Hours each way would probably be a bit much. :)

Re: Foggy's scrappage scheme - breaking 3 300s

Posted: 01 May 2010 11:44 pm
by foggyjames
Remember I said I'm getting rid of 5 cars? The other two are my 240 (already mentioned), and a 1988 360 GLT which is being delivered to Newcastle next weekend...complete with a full interior. See where I'm going with this...?

I'll have a chat with the new owner of the 1988 GLT (which is being scrapped, but will be enjoying a near-complete stripdown, I suspect) to see if he needs the driver's seat. If not, you can have that (and the whole rather nice GLT interior, probably!). If he does need it, I can hastily remove the driver's seat from the GLS and throw that in.

cheers

James

Re: Foggy's scrappage scheme - breaking 3 300s

Posted: 02 May 2010 05:22 am
by Figgy
HI Foggy, would you happen to have an indicator/wiper switch assembly in good working order?

EDIT: Would dearly love a set of engine mounts - if they're not taken already. :D