Page 15 of 44

Re: Photos

Posted: 08 Mar 2009 05:03 pm
by jtbo
volvosneverdie wrote:Its either crying, or its got quite a serious coke problem.
If youre doing double barrel hits, its probably time for an intervention.
What are double barrel hits and what is intervention?

I feel stupid today :oops:

Re: Photos

Posted: 08 Mar 2009 05:12 pm
by volvosneverdie
It looks like its snorting cocaine up both nostrils at the same time. - double barreled hit.
An intervention is when friends/family step in and forcably stop you from continuing on your current path. I.e, stopping you drinking, gambling, taking drugs etc.

Re: Photos

Posted: 08 Mar 2009 05:17 pm
by jtbo
volvosneverdie wrote:It looks like its snorting cocaine up both nostrils at the same time. - double barreled hit.
An intervention is when friends/family step in and forcably stop you from continuing on your current path. I.e, stopping you drinking, gambling, taking drugs etc.
Ah, I see, thanks, again I learned something new :D

Re: Photos

Posted: 14 Mar 2009 02:15 pm
by jtbo
Random crops and shots of today:
Image

55mm (18-55 Nikkor AF II) with cpl filter and white balance set for shadow as I was shooting snow before them started to fly all over the place, colours are bit too warm and that filter seem to loose bit of sharpness.

Found out that cpl of my 300mm manges to loose even more sharpness, making photos taken at 300mm to be very blurred, can't find focus setting that does look sharp, so I guess I need to find another brand CPL

Re: Photos

Posted: 18 Mar 2009 06:39 pm
by jtbo
Few practise shots from today:
Image

Image

Image

First one I messed up big time, over exposure as I forgot to check light after I moved position a bit so that I can get flag shown with building, also waited wind to move flag to correct position. It pisses me off big time when I do silly things like that, I mean how stupid can I be?

Rest are just resized with Irfan view, otherwise right off from camera.

I did try to get some colour to these ones. My longer lens would need CPL filter as it's current one is just about mess, makes everything blurred :(

Re: Photos

Posted: 18 Mar 2009 08:17 pm
by volvosneverdie
cooool dude.

im gonna call the duck Lieutenant Quacky.
:D

Re: Photos

Posted: 18 Mar 2009 10:58 pm
by jtbo
volvosneverdie wrote:cooool dude.

im gonna call the duck Lieutenant Quacky.
:D
As you did like from duck, I made crop for you so it is now tad bigger :mrgreen:

Image

Re: Photos

Posted: 18 Mar 2009 11:09 pm
by volvosneverdie
jtbo wrote:
volvosneverdie wrote:cooool dude.

im gonna call the duck Lieutenant Quacky.
:D
As you did like from duck, I made crop for you so it is now tad bigger :mrgreen:

Image
has he only got one leg?
im going to rename it Heather Mills-McCartney duck.

Re: Photos

Posted: 18 Mar 2009 11:28 pm
by jtbo
I could only see one leg and one stump of leg, which disappeared at some point, maybe he was sleeping and dreaming about balancing on thin ice or something? :lol:

Re: Photos

Posted: 19 Mar 2009 09:09 pm
by jtbo
Some shots from city of Rauma at evening:
http://jtbo.pp.fi/images/album/Astro/li ... ion/rauma/

I found friends of Mr. Duck, but must upload those tomorrow evening, now it is bed time for me 8)

Re: Photos

Posted: 19 Mar 2009 09:19 pm
by volvosneverdie
Good work dude.
You shoot good in the night.
The one with the neon burning looks like a winner.
340pw

Re: Photos

Posted: 20 Mar 2009 10:26 pm
by jtbo
Sorry, tad heavy pics, but it seems that I loose sharpness when I resave or compress, no matter if I use over 90% quality in JPEG and Lanzcos method resize. Some images seem to be possible to resize without visible effect, some are not.

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Re: Photos

Posted: 20 Mar 2009 10:36 pm
by volvosneverdie
Cool man.

Finland looks so crisp and clean.
And there are ducks.

i dont think the brown ducks like the duck with the green head.
he seems to be being shunned. :lol:

Re: Photos

Posted: 21 Mar 2009 08:04 pm
by jtbo
There are some dark dots in pics that I don't like at all, must be something wrong with that cpl filter as those dots appear only when I put that filter on, shame, I must perhaps then spend some money to get another better quality version.

Thanks from comments, it really is not so clean out there, plastic bags are flying on streets and all kind of crap almost everywhere, but I just don't like to take photos of crap :lol:

Click that image to see larger version, that white thing was actually clean white at once I saw it, but constantly some morons make it look ugly by placing ads or tags with spray can.
http://jtbo.pp.fi/images/image/road_pics/DSC_3926.JPG

BTW, there are lot of photos that I'm not happy with among those that I take, maybe 1% come out way I like, so I solve that problem by just taking enough photos, this month I have taken as an average around 100 photos per day :wink:
http://jtbo.pp.fi/images/image/road_pics/DSC_3922.JPG

Composition is just way off in that one, also it is tad too dark, but I guess crouching down at middle of road would be bit stupid in city where all drivers seem to think only they are important :roll:

Re: Photos

Posted: 28 Mar 2009 09:35 am
by d3k4y0
Jani, I know it's jumping back a couple of pages, but I saw this on the Flickr Blog and thought it may interest you.. Don't know if you've seen it yet?

http://blog.flickr.net/en/2009/03/26/stargazing/