Page 3 of 4

Posted: 21 Dec 2004 09:37 am
by redline
Oh that sounds very fair to me Aymat, tell you what, I will even pay for the interior to be shipped out to you in Belgiumif you like .. NOT !!!!!

Posted: 10 Jan 2005 01:35 pm
by SteveP
The original car we were talking about is now back on "that site"

Posted: 10 Jan 2005 02:16 pm
by redline
yeh I saw that , he is obviously going ahead with breaking it which is a real shame if it only needs a starter motor. Still i've got no where to put it and haven't got a spare £125.00 to buy the whole car with either

Posted: 10 Jan 2005 02:43 pm
by SteveP
Aymat should really email him about the interior, he obviously has space to keep the car while its been broken. Hugh, did you say the redline breaking had no electric windows?

Posted: 10 Jan 2005 03:02 pm
by 5lab
thats correct.

Posted: 17 Jan 2005 12:05 pm
by redline
Looks like hes gonna break it then , judging by the auctions on ebay,our m8 bogbasic is going for a few bits ,mind you for another £97.00 on top of what hes bid (if you include p+p ) he could have the whole car LOL

Posted: 17 Jan 2005 02:43 pm
by bogbasic
You're making me feel really bad now. :|

Posted: 17 Jan 2005 02:53 pm
by redline
Im glad the bits are going to a good home (the boot spoiler has already been sold ), If people hadnt started buying the bits the guy would probably have crushed it, might be worth emailing him if you want any other bits before he lists them , save him the listing fee and save yourself some dosh to.

Posted: 18 Jan 2005 01:30 pm
by Duvel78
I got this message from TONY
Hello,

(...) Perhaps you would care to post some info regarding the 340 1.7 Redline which is listed on eBay as for breaking.

I know at least one person has said that they may be interested in saving the car. So, with that in mind, I have spoken to Mick, who is breaking the car, and he told me the car needs: a lock set, petrol cap, starter motor, nearside rear lamp cluster, tailgate spoiler (sorry, but I needed that myself), and some minor bits (unspecified) other than that the car is complete.
The car is located in Harlow, Essex - not too far for Hugh to take a look?

He didn't say how much he wanted for the car, so I left a message for him to get back to me with a price.

Anyhow, hope I have been of a little help to someone. I'd consider saving it myself, but don't have towing facilities, and it's just too damn far to travel - 500 miles+ round trip!

Regards,

Tony

Posted: 18 Jan 2005 07:37 pm
by T340
Hi Guys,

Thanks for posting my little diatribe Aymat.

The guy with the Redline (Mick) got back to me and said he wants £150 for it as it stands - that is without the locks, starter, tailgate spoiler, etc.

As I said to Mick here, it seems the less of it there is, the more money he wants - there must be some perverse logic in that?!
sm44

Ah well, that's enough for now.

When I finally decide what the fate of my 1.7 is going to be, I'll let you all know - suffice to say it will blow the doors off the (powertune?) guy's turbo effort, and won't resort to throwing that ruddy great lump of iron (B200/230) in the front either.

Now that's called throwing down the gauntlet. Ha, ha!!!

Posted: 18 Jan 2005 08:47 pm
by foggyjames
Aw c'mon - you can't say that and not give up some more detail!

My plans for Nessy (a 3dr 340 1.4) include a 4-500bhp (plus nitrous) motor - either an inline 5 whiteblock (from a T5), a 24v PRV V6 (from a Pug 605, but the 12v version is found in a 760), or a 16v redblock - significantly widened track, and maybe a spaceframe chassis - but retaining the RWD transaxle layout. I want it to run in the 10s at the pod :)

So c'mon...'fess up!

cheers

James

Posted: 18 Jan 2005 09:31 pm
by T340
foggyjames wrote:Aw c'mon - you can't say that and not give up some more detail!

My plans for Nessy (a 3dr 340 1.4) include a 4-500bhp (plus nitrous) motor - either an inline 5 whiteblock (from a T5), a 24v PRV V6 (from a Pug 605, but the 12v version is found in a 760), or a 16v redblock - significantly widened track, and maybe a spaceframe chassis - but retaining the RWD transaxle layout. I want it to run in the 10s at the pod :)

So c'mon...'fess up!

cheers

James

Okay James,

The interim plan is to drop in an 1800 16valve Renault motor I bought a few weeks ago - it's showing a good 180 bhp on the dyno and has a ridiculously low mileage under its' belt.

The suspension has already had new springs/shocks uprated/lowered - rear leafs were retempered by the local blacksmith! roll bar and full bushes replaced.

I still think the driveshafts are going to snap like twigs if you unleash 180 bhp all of a sudden, so my dad is going to make me some super-strong ones (he's an engineer and has the facilities/knowledge, so that's one thing less for me to worry about).

Apart from that, I've already got a very nice set of ally uprights I plan on persuading into the back end along with a pair of 10 inch vented discs.

That should do for the time being - when we find the time to do it!

For my taste, T5s and PRV V6s are way too bulky and heavy to slot into the nose of a 300 series and expect it to go round the twisty bits; and there are LOTS of twisty bits round our part of the island . . . well, that, and the fact that I just hate the all that drag strip stuff - sprints are much more fun - and full blown 5.2 litre SEACs do it very nicely :)

Now long term - serious Q-car . . . .



Will that do for now? :)

Posted: 18 Jan 2005 10:10 pm
by SteveP
Sounds like a nice project you've got going there ;)

Interested in your suspension setup.. what shocks and spring combination did you go for? I'm quite interested in doing this to my 360.

What engine is the 1.8 16v originally out of?

Steve

Posted: 18 Jan 2005 10:11 pm
by 5lab
think its just a renault 19 engine

for some bizarre reason, its about 100x better than the 1.7 turbo fitted to the 400s, yet volvo stuck with the 1.7 (despite having renault engines thruout, including the 8v version of this engine)

didnt realise it had quite that much hp at stock thou?

ps. who are ya dude?

Posted: 18 Jan 2005 10:12 pm
by SteveP
Doubt that'll be stock power!