Page 1 of 1

340 Williams: My car no longer for sale

Posted: 05 Aug 2010 07:40 pm
by Speedy88
Hey all, well I've gone and done her in again. Diff or gearbox has shredded, meaning that I'm about to have a bill that will need paying for. Looks like I'll have to sell the thing to fund the repair so my car is quite possibly up for sale. (The new diff/gearbox will be fitted before the sale). Anyone interested?

Main points:
Williams 2.0 Engine which was installed by Adam, a great engine that's done 30k since rebuild. Very tidy job, can provide pictures.
Powerflow exhaust system (cost £400 and comes with a lifetime guarantee)
Pretty much unmodified apart from the engine and exhaust. Comes with GLT saloon spoiler and front lip.
Running on one of Chris's chips getting 40MPG on the motorway and 30-35 in town
Really solid, no rust except for a spot on the sill

For the money I've spent I'm looking at around £1000 for it but throw some sensible offers my way and I might consider them.

If nobody wants it I'm going to have to keep it but I need the money more right now. It'll be sad to see her go and I'll most deffinatly be banging on your door later to get it back!

Re: 340 Williams: My car possibly for sale

Posted: 05 Aug 2010 08:16 pm
by volvosneverdie
this thread makes my eyes sad.

Re: 340 Williams: My car possibly for sale

Posted: 05 Aug 2010 09:41 pm
by 340GLT
Do you know what's gone mate? I can poss give you a hand to sort it if you could get it recovered to me??
Adam

Re: 340 Williams: My car possibly for sale

Posted: 05 Aug 2010 10:16 pm
by magnumpi
Balls, that sucks them :(

Hope you can get it sorted cheaply rather than having to sell up.

Re: 340 Williams: My car possibly for sale

Posted: 05 Aug 2010 11:17 pm
by Hell Driver
:( Hope you can get it sorted and keep the car too.

Re: 340 Williams: My car possibly for sale

Posted: 05 Aug 2010 11:41 pm
by Speedy88
I almost love that you're all sad about this, I've drowned my sorrows and I will reassess the situation tomorrow.

Re: 340 Williams: My car possibly for sale

Posted: 06 Aug 2010 01:20 am
by Chris_C
Surely between us there must be a box? I really can't see why you are tearing them though

Re: 340 Williams: My car possibly for sale

Posted: 06 Aug 2010 12:53 pm
by Speedy88
What's confusing is that it is a constant grinding noise when I roll the car, almost like not being quite in gear. If I'd shredded a gear or part of the diff I would expect it to grab at some point in the rotation. I wasn't giving it beans at all so it's unlikely that I've shredded teeth. It's been clunking a bit for a day or so and it finally let go when casually pulling away from a roundabout :? It may well be the splines on the gearbox/diff linkage shaft, I'll have to do some trial and error. I have a spare gearbox but no spare diff.

Re: 340 Williams: My car possibly for sale

Posted: 06 Aug 2010 02:23 pm
by Speedy88
Panic over. Looking at it again in the light I noticed the off side drive shaft spinning all the way to the hub. A cheap fix, hallelujah! I guess it's no longer for sale then :mrgreen: Thanks for the offers of help everyone

Re: 340 Williams: My car no longer for sale

Posted: 06 Aug 2010 02:41 pm
by trabitom99
Good news, glad it was a quick fix!

Cheers

Tom

Re: 340 Williams: My car no longer for sale

Posted: 06 Aug 2010 04:04 pm
by volvosneverdie
great news dude.

this is your car.

you made it, and you deserve to keep it.

glad it was an easy make-right.
:D