As everyone in the UK will know the vat rate is changing from 17.5% to 20% on the 1st of January.
This will affect prices of parts slightly, mainly being noticed on the higher priced items such as dampers.
As my stocks run out I will have to adjust pricing to allow for this.
If you want to avoid any increase in price best to put your order through before January
Hopfully some items will not be affected by the change in VAT rate.
Change in vat rate
-
classicswede
- *** V3M DONOR ***
- Posts: 5471
- Joined: 25 Apr 2005 06:52 pm
- Location: Anglesey North Wales
- Contact:
Change in vat rate
Dai
Please email me directly on dai@classicswede.co.uk
http://www.classicswede.com
phone/text 07824887160
Web shop http://www.classicswede.co.uk/

Please email me directly on dai@classicswede.co.uk
http://www.classicswede.com
phone/text 07824887160
Web shop http://www.classicswede.co.uk/

- Hell Driver
- Posts: 1417
- Joined: 18 Aug 2009 09:58 pm
- Location: Doncaster UK
Re: Change in vat rate
I'd better decide what I'll need for the Mk1 before, soon then, I was wondering about the V.A.T. rise and whether it would affect your stuff. For every £200 you spend, stuff will cost £5 more, might as well be in our pockets as the governments! Can you give me a price on those adjustable shocks we spoke about a while ago and some lower springs for the front
And I'll also need some anti-roll bar bits, do you do the lowering blocks?. I hope this car is fixable, or I'll be looking for another to put the bits on!
360 GLE Saloon (D 86)
360 GLS (A 84)
343 DL (W 80)
340 GL 1.7 (G 89)
360 GLS (Y 83)
440 Turbo (J 92)
Transit Tipper 125 T350 (02)Alive Again!
Transit Tipper Smiley face Q reg
Mitsubishi Colt 1.1 (54)
R.I.P. 77 343 DL vario
360 GLS (A 84)
343 DL (W 80)
340 GL 1.7 (G 89)
360 GLS (Y 83)
440 Turbo (J 92)
Transit Tipper 125 T350 (02)Alive Again!
Transit Tipper Smiley face Q reg
Mitsubishi Colt 1.1 (54)
R.I.P. 77 343 DL vario
-
macplaxton
- Posts: 3283
- Joined: 09 Feb 2008 02:29 am
Re: Change in vat rate
I'm not in the UK, but I know that the VAT rate is changing on the 4th Januaryclassicswede wrote:As everyone in the UK will know the vat rate is changing from 17.5% to 20% on the 1st of January.
This is a sensible date to do things as the 1st is a Saturday and everyone will be hung-over and if the 1st of Jan falls on a weekend, then the bank holiday is the Monday after, so the 3rd is also a holiday.
That aside, make sure you get your big ticket items paid and invoiced by the 3rd January even if they are delivered shortly after.
Re: Change in vat rate
AH! thats good then. so if i order bits on the 31st of Dec, im ok then! Lavly! (student, every litle helps)I'm not in the UK, but I know that the VAT rate is changing on the 4th January![]()

Speedy88 wrote: Leave choke on, idling obnoxiously until neighbours peer out windows at the noisy exhaust
Give neighbours thumbs up
Rev engine to 7K
Exit street sideways
Win at life.
-
classicswede
- *** V3M DONOR ***
- Posts: 5471
- Joined: 25 Apr 2005 06:52 pm
- Location: Anglesey North Wales
- Contact:
Re: Change in vat rate
Hi Andy everything is available. I'll drop you a PM with all the prices.Hell Driver wrote:I'd better decide what I'll need for the Mk1 before, soon then, I was wondering about the V.A.T. rise and whether it would affect your stuff. For every £200 you spend, stuff will cost £5 more, might as well be in our pockets as the governments! Can you give me a price on those adjustable shocks we spoke about a while ago and some lower springs for the frontAnd I'll also need some anti-roll bar bits, do you do the lowering blocks?. I hope this car is fixable, or I'll be looking for another to put the bits on!
Cheers
Dai
Dai
Please email me directly on dai@classicswede.co.uk
http://www.classicswede.com
phone/text 07824887160
Web shop http://www.classicswede.co.uk/

Please email me directly on dai@classicswede.co.uk
http://www.classicswede.com
phone/text 07824887160
Web shop http://www.classicswede.co.uk/

-
volvosneverdie
- *** V3M DONOR ***
- Posts: 9143
- Joined: 11 Nov 2008 04:22 pm
- Location: Newcastle Upon Toon
Re: Change in vat rate
I would just like to point out that the price of V3M ulr stickers will not be changing. As im not vat registered. 
Re: Change in vat rate
i know its just a volvo forum but be quite about that you never know hus watchingvolvosneverdie wrote:I would just like to point out that the price of V3M ulr stickers will not be changing. As im not vat registered.

Re: Change in vat rate
You can sell stuff (including your labour) and not charge VAT provided you don't sell above £70,000/year. You do need to pay income tax on profits though. If you are just selling on stuff, group buys etc and not making a profit you don't need to worry about tax.mat_91 wrote:i know its just a Volvo forum but be quite about that you never know hus watchingvolvosneverdie wrote:I would just like to point out that the price of V3M ulr stickers will not be changing. As im not vat registered.![]()
I think CW means his suppliers prices will increase.
1980 345 DL_______1987 360 GLE (project car restored to GLT spec and B230FT'd)
1984 360 GLT______1987 360 GLT
1983 360 GLS______1989 360 GLE
1985 340 GL_______1986 340 1.4
1985 360 GLS______1995 940 SE 2.3 Turbo Estate (daily)
1987 340 GL 1.7
1984 360 GLT______1987 360 GLT
1983 360 GLS______1989 360 GLE
1985 340 GL_______1986 340 1.4
1985 360 GLS______1995 940 SE 2.3 Turbo Estate (daily)
1987 340 GL 1.7
-
volvosneverdie
- *** V3M DONOR ***
- Posts: 9143
- Joined: 11 Nov 2008 04:22 pm
- Location: Newcastle Upon Toon
Re: Change in vat rate
That makes sense.Ride_on wrote:You can sell stuff (including your labour) and not charge VAT provided you don't sell above £70,000/year. You do need to pay income tax on profits though. If you are just selling on stuff, group buys etc and not making a profit you don't need to worry about tax.mat_91 wrote:i know its just a Volvo forum but be quite about that you never know hus watchingvolvosneverdie wrote:I would just like to point out that the price of V3M ulr stickers will not be changing. As im not vat registered.![]()
I think CW means his suppliers prices will increase.




