Page 1 of 1

1.4 renault family compatible?

Posted: 10 Feb 2013 09:39 pm
by classicswede
What other engines from the Renault family will fit onto the 1.4 bellhousing? Idealy something small and 16vlave with EFI. What are the options?

Re: 1.4 renault family compatible?

Posted: 10 Feb 2013 10:00 pm
by Chris_C
Given the age of that family of engines, I wouldn't be holding my breath chap ;)
I've never looked, but what is the bolt pattern of the 1.4 etc Clios, as I seem to think they share gearboxes with the bigger stuff? Or does it have to be 1.4 bell housing specific?

Re: 1.4 renault family compatible?

Posted: 10 Feb 2013 10:42 pm
by classicswede
I was just looking at the 1.4 clio and did suspect that the bolt pattern would have changed. If there is something that bolts upto the 1.4 bellhousing it would be ideal but no reason why a 1.4 that bolts up to the 1.7 would but out of the running

Re: 1.4 renault family compatible?

Posted: 10 Feb 2013 10:54 pm
by Chris_C
I reckon that it likely would, find a Clio forum and ask if there are differences between valver and 1.4 boxes?

Re: 1.4 renault family compatible?

Posted: 10 Feb 2013 11:24 pm
by macplaxton
K7J / K4J ?
K7M / K4M ?

The K7M can squeeze into a DAF. Bellhousing bolt pattern okay. I guess the other K's should have similar potential. http://www.daf.dse.nl/XP%20project.htm I could ask Matt a few questions. I've seen the XP1600 in the flesh and it's quite awesome.

Re: 1.4 renault family compatible?

Posted: 11 Feb 2013 12:09 am
by Chris_C
Good blog, but...

"I wanted to build this like the 300" "I found this I liked from the 300"

Etc...

He could have bought a 300 ;)

Glad he didn't... every scene needs another nutter.

Re: 1.4 renault family compatible?

Posted: 11 Feb 2013 12:18 am
by macplaxton
Matt is quite sane. He's just DAF mad, and a Volvo wouldn't really be a DAF.

Re: 1.4 renault family compatible?

Posted: 11 Feb 2013 04:15 am
by Speedy88
If he squints hard enough while driving it's a Daf 77 :wink: