Page 1 of 1
Carburettor gaskets.
Posted: 05 Apr 2013 07:10 pm
by mac
I may have been out of commission of late but I haven't entirely neglected the cause!
Firstly, the Solex Z10 "anti warp" kit is now available from Webcon, but they are unable to supply a precise match for the gasket needed to go between the new green block and the manifold.
I have now remanufactured these.
Available from me for £2.50 + postage.
Secondly, I am now able to supply all three variants of the carb top to body gaskets for the Weber 32DIR.
For the Types 57 & 83
For the Types 93, 104 & 109
And the modified version for Types 93,104 & 109 to reduce float chamber vapour.
Available from me for £3.00 + postage. (any of the versions).
I am currently working on a supply of insulating plates (thick and thin) and base gaskets for the 32DIR and will report when I have news.
Mac.
Re: Carburettor gaskets.
Posted: 05 Apr 2013 10:43 pm
by classicswede
Looks very tasty

Re: Carburettor gaskets.
Posted: 06 Apr 2013 03:13 am
by macplaxton
mac wrote:And the modified version for Types 93,104 & 109 to reduce float chamber vapour.

^^^^^ Is that the one for those that can't be arsed to get the scissors out on this

:
mac wrote:For the Types 93, 104 & 109

Re: Carburettor gaskets.
Posted: 06 Apr 2013 10:45 am
by mac
Quite correct!
And for only £10.00 I'll send out a paper drawing so you can make the lot out of a cornflake packet! I suppose it's my mistake not to charge more for the modified one - after all as has been pointed out there's more cutting involved.

Mac.
Re: Carburettor gaskets.
Posted: 06 Apr 2013 11:37 am
by 340GLT
These look great Mac...
Adam
Re: Carburettor gaskets.
Posted: 06 Apr 2013 01:29 pm
by V6 Man
mac wrote: I suppose it's my mistake not to charge more for the modified one - after all as has been pointed out there's more cutting involved.
Sorry, you can't do that.
There's less material involved so it has to be cheaper........
Re: Carburettor gaskets.
Posted: 06 Apr 2013 02:22 pm
by macplaxton
^^^^ WHS. Must be 37.3482% less gasket in that one.

Re: Carburettor gaskets.
Posted: 06 Apr 2013 04:07 pm
by volvomania
I can't wait to add them to the BBB range! Excellent job Mac!
RJ
Re: Carburettor gaskets.
Posted: 07 Apr 2013 03:44 pm
by Busicrx
Looks good!! If i read this before.... I cut some gaskets but your looks
Jejej the next time i takl to you first!!
Re: Carburettor gaskets.
Posted: 07 Apr 2013 04:06 pm
by mac
Just a quick note - looking at the gaskets you have made they look very like the one that fits between the original block and the carb (with the "green" block you use the rubber/shim supplied and don't need a further gasket).
The gasket you need to go between the new block and the manifold (or to use with the thin plate in the original set up) is different! The bolt holes and centre opening are the same of course BUT the extra "spigot pin" holes are differently placed.
(it will be obvious when the kit arrives and you can trial fit your gaskets).
It's quite all right to make your own gasket, but if you have a problem PM me your name and address and I'd be happy to pop you one in the post.
Mac.
Re: Carburettor gaskets.
Posted: 07 Apr 2013 11:13 pm
by Busicrx
Yes, i copy the black block top, when arrive green i do other. Thanks for the info!
Re: Carburettor gaskets.
Posted: 08 Apr 2013 01:13 pm
by mac
You can copy from the lower thin plate (with a gasket bonded on both sides) you won't reuse it but bottom of the green block has the same shape and spigot configuration.
Best of luck - Mac.