Page 1 of 1
door seals
Posted: 30 Jul 2005 02:22 pm
by classicswede
I've been fed up with the state of the door seals (window scrapers) on my 345 for ages now.

So I phoned the volvo dealer for a price (needed a windscreen rubber at the same time) and at £8 each you can't complain for genuine parts.
All you need to do is pull up on the old scraper, you may need to use a screw driver.

Then cut the new seal to the same length as the old one then just push back into place.
I think for £32 its well worth it to stop the doors rotting out, and they look a lot better.
Dai
Re: door seals
Posted: 30 Jul 2005 02:27 pm
by Duvel78
classicswede wrote:I've been fed up with the state of the door seals (window scrapers) on my 345 for ages now.
Me too, the plastic becomes dry and it brakes! Very bad quality... Thanks for the piece of advice, I hope it's still available in Belgium, I'll contact my Volvo dealer!
Posted: 30 Jul 2005 02:32 pm
by bodejodel
Are the new ones made of a better plastic or just the same crappy sh*t?
Posted: 30 Jul 2005 02:35 pm
by classicswede
I think it's the same crappy sh1t as original but at least they should last 10-15 years before they disintergrate.
Dai
Posted: 30 Jul 2005 02:35 pm
by bodejodel
Indeed, that's long enough...
Posted: 30 Jul 2005 02:42 pm
by Duvel78
It's maybe possible to "feed" the plastic with a product when they are new?
Posted: 30 Jul 2005 02:52 pm
by classicswede
If you clean the seals often ( soapy water) it helps keep them in good order also if you try not park the car in direct sun light that helps too. but once the damage is done it is done.
Dai
Posted: 02 Aug 2005 10:46 pm
by bodejodel
I went to my Volvo dealer today for those scrapers. They go for €8,- here. (5,5 GBP)
Well worth the investment!

Posted: 02 Aug 2005 10:49 pm
by Chris_C
Hehe, I picked mine up today

Been on the to do list since Adam said about it at the BKV. Gonna look sweet again
Posted: 02 Aug 2005 10:51 pm
by bodejodel
I hope Volvo can cope with the sudden demand for window scrapers/seals!

I bet they hardly sell any...