Page 1 of 1

Chrome Window trim

Posted: 30 Jul 2005 07:14 pm
by pettaw
particularly for the front windscreen. Managed to crack mine installing a new windscreen.

I managed to put all the bits in but it looks a wee bit tatty now.

Posted: 31 Jul 2005 02:00 pm
by foggyjames
From Volvo?

cheers

James

Posted: 31 Jul 2005 03:08 pm
by pettaw
Unfortunately no longer available.

Posted: 31 Jul 2005 06:05 pm
by SoLaMaNdA
How easy was it to fit the screen? I'm planning to do this to mine soon.

Posted: 31 Jul 2005 06:17 pm
by 5lab
the guy who has lots of volvo bits for sale had some at the bkv

Posted: 31 Jul 2005 06:53 pm
by pettaw
You mean drivesavolvo?

Thats a good idea, but I don't fancy driving to Yorkshire to collect and IIRC he didn't want to post anything out. It was collect only?

Posted: 31 Jul 2005 07:11 pm
by pettaw
SoLaMaNdA wrote:How easy was it to fit the screen? I'm planning to do this to mine soon.
Not too easy but not too bad either. I went to the trouble of buying a new seal as well and then when I pulled the string to get the inner lip over, it ripped a bit of it, but it was only small damage and it was still watertight so we stopped it up with superglue and anyway you can't see it once all the plastic is back in :) Then some judicious hammering with a rubber mallet to settle the seal into the correct place and we were done.

Posted: 01 Aug 2005 12:14 am
by 5lab
pettaw wrote:You mean drivesavolvo?

Thats a good idea, but I don't fancy driving to Yorkshire to collect and IIRC he didn't want to post anything out. It was collect only?
he's posted stuff in the past afaik