Page 1 of 1

bits for new car

Posted: 05 Dec 2005 02:26 pm
by ebdl
Hello,

All being well I'll be the proud owner of a 1983/A 340 GL auto this coming Saturday. It's had some minor damage to the front N/S corner and could probably do with a new front bumper and the strip that goes under the lights and grille (assuming it is just a strip of metal). I might want to replace the wing too (does this require welding?), but this isn't a car I want to spend a lot of money on, so it would have to be cheap (and preferably light metallic green!).

Conversely, if it fails its MOT dreadfully then I will have an entire car's worth of parts for sale (or indeed a whole car).

Cheers chaps,

Ed

Posted: 05 Dec 2005 02:44 pm
by SteveP
I can get you a mk2 front bumper and strips under the lights (albeit in metallic grey) at the moment if required (I'm in Birmingham too if thats of use). It's gonna be hard to find a wing in that colour though - it was a colour that only lasted 2 years.

Posted: 06 Dec 2005 10:37 am
by ebdl
Thanks Steve, those parts would be just the thing and I'm (hopefully) driving the car to an MOT in Wednesbury on Saturday afternoon. If we make it out alive I'd be able to pick up the parts on Saturday afternoon or Sunday. Let me know how much you were thinking of.

Thanks, Ed

Posted: 06 Dec 2005 11:23 am
by SteveP
Sunday would be best, I'm out most of the day on Saturday. I'll get the parts for you on Sunday morning (I've actually already taken the bumper off the said car) if you confirm you're in Birmingham on the Saturday. How does £25 sound for the lot?