Page 1 of 2

Hey, I'm new here....

Posted: 30 Jul 2004 10:25 pm
by MichaelJBuck
I found this site on Google when searching for information about my Volvo 340 (Redline or something - I can't read it). I don't know much about the car, but I got it for free so I thought I might as well do it up a bit.

<_<

I got it in pretty good condition, needed a thourough hoover though :wink: . I am using some 'Cockpit Shine' to make the car look better and smell lemony fresh. Not allowed to use on the steering wheel, pedals or glass of course for safety reasons. I have the stuff to clean the other stuff anyway.

So far it looks good, but the more mechanical problems are...

The Drivers speaker doesn't work
The windscreen wipers have absolutely had it and make a right racket
The weird dially things on the sides of the passenger and driver seats don't do anything and fall off all the time
The radio (not the original I don't think) when playing tapes goes all fuzzy and I can't turn it to that high volume. But the actual radio (Wave 105 ect.) works fine with hardly any fuzzy sounds. The tape works in other cars... (Rock Beat) :D
The front number-plate is shattered.

Thats about it. I know it isn't heaps, but it's hard enough :lol:

Still, all worth it isn't it.

Posted: 30 Jul 2004 10:28 pm
by MichaelJBuck
Wait - The seat heater doesn't work either

:lol:

Posted: 30 Jul 2004 11:38 pm
by 5lab
to fix the front number plate (mine went too) take it off, clean all the bits. then find a piece of thin wood about the same size/shape. lay the numberplate on it and wrap the pair in stickyback plastic. re-make the screw holes and you're away. works surprisingly well

origional stereo is crap. replace it. theres a facia for sale on ebay at the moment (see offer section)

Posted: 30 Jul 2004 11:58 pm
by Duvel78
Hello and welcome to you! Send some pictures and we'll confirm if it's a redline or not! :wink:

A Redline is like that:

Image

Image

Image

Posted: 31 Jul 2004 12:00 am
by Duvel78
Ooooo, I want a Red line now when I see that... Or a Blue line! And GLT of course...

Posted: 31 Jul 2004 12:17 am
by 5lab
theres a red line for sale round the corner from here - £650. or that on on ebay for £25. saw a blue line today as well :)

Posted: 31 Jul 2004 09:42 pm
by MichaelJBuck
I'll get some pics later, but it looks like that

:-D

Posted: 31 Jul 2004 09:50 pm
by Fuse
By the way, what kind of all "line" packages there are. I mean like redline, blueline etc...

Posted: 31 Jul 2004 09:53 pm
by KeithB
Welcome MJB from a relative newcomer to the site. Your Redline sounds like a fun project to get up and running. The dials on the seats are for the adjustable lumbar support, mine fell off some time ago so I took off the upholstery and fixed the supports in a position I liked, so no longer adjustable. The seat heaters are also long gone so while I was at the lumbar support I pulled them out. Number plates are cheap enough to replace. The windscreen wiper noise sounds interesting or is it just the blades needing replacing? The Redline has what engine? Is it 1.7?

218349 miles and climbing.

Posted: 31 Jul 2004 10:23 pm
by Duvel78
Fuse wrote:By the way, what kind of all "line" packages there are. I mean like redline, blueline etc...
Red line and blue line are the most famous... But you also have "special series" with a colored strip on the body: the 340 "Arctic", white with a blue strip, the 340 "Birdie" dark blue with a green strip and a flying golf ball...

Posted: 31 Jul 2004 10:57 pm
by Duvel78
KeithB wrote: The Redline has what engine? Is it 1.7?
1.7 or 2.0 for the GLT. I've never seen a 1.4 Redline.

Posted: 01 Aug 2004 11:37 am
by Volvo 360 GL B200K
You don't want a Redline or a Blueline, you want a Black Beauty! Pictures to follow!...

Cheers

Posted: 01 Aug 2004 11:40 am
by Volvo 360 GL B200K
Pictures, as promised...

Image

Posted: 01 Aug 2004 12:28 pm
by Duvel78
Image

Image

Image

Image

5lab's wheels bought on Ebay :wink:

(pics from the V3C)

Posted: 01 Aug 2004 02:31 pm
by 5lab
the guy who runs 'friends of the volvo 300' over here got those wheels in the end - i got some nice glt alloys