Page 1 of 1

Alby Mangels & Trabant

Posted: 11 May 2006 08:52 am
by brad360
Now I know!

I drive a DAF (360) so i can be like Alby Mangels, (Australian film from about 1981, "World Safari"), I remember he drove a DAF with some strange transmission across africa and did some roadside repairs on rubber belts.

**

Has anyone else noticed the jack is made in DDR (East Germany)? Could this be the same used for a Trabant?

Posted: 11 May 2006 06:10 pm
by antiekeradio
yep the DAF's had a 'variomatic'

check

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Variomatic for some info and

http://www.dafclub.nl/techniek/techniek_variomatic.php for far better info and some drawings, unfortunately its in dutch and the babelfish translator does not work for that page :S

you might want to google images with 'variomatic' gives quite a few nice pics.

the Volvo 340 also had a variomatic, but volvo rebadged it CVT.

Greetings Wouter