Page 1 of 1

econometer on GLE

Posted: 03 Jul 2006 05:54 pm
by d3k4y0
Where do i take the T-piece to the econometer on te GLE's Carb?
I can see the servo vacuum hose, two unknowns on the otherside (one on the carb one on the manifold directly underneath) and a sealed off hole (stabbing?) on the manifold, which may or may not be on the vacuum side, (the rearmost brach on the inlet)

any help (preferably with pictures) would be groovy

Posted: 04 Jul 2006 12:11 pm
by mac
mornin' all

Image
Image
Image

If you need more - come back,

Mac

Posted: 21 Jul 2006 03:33 am
by foggyjames
BZZZZ! For once, the blue book is found lacking. I have the same guide, and it is also missing the B200K. The B19A is featured, but not the 200K.

You need a 'large' standard Volvo tapping. I got mine from an NA 740. It fits in the 'spare' port on the inlet manifold - next to the vacuum feed for the brake servo. I probably have a picture somewhere...but you don't need that, right? ;)

cheers

James

Posted: 21 Jul 2006 10:00 am
by mac
It's missing the B200 because the instructions were printed in 1984 (I don't think they were ever updated).

Mac

Posted: 22 Jul 2006 12:53 am
by hatch360
What does the econometer do??????

Posted: 22 Jul 2006 08:18 am
by redline
sits in the red maimly with us lot,

its a gauge that uses vacuum pressure to tell how economically your driving , the harder you push the car the more into the red the needle go's