Page 1 of 1

Back from holidays

Posted: 05 Aug 2006 09:46 am
by pettaw
If you thought I'd been a bit quiet the last couple of weeks, its because I've been away on a family holiday to Canada. We had a great time and when I've sorted myself out, a few choice piccies might well be appearing here and there.

There's a complete ton of V3m stuff to catch up on, and I'll try to add any info I can to any of the threads that have been going on, particuarly info or tips but give me a few days to catch up ;)

Posted: 05 Aug 2006 04:31 pm
by pettaw
Of course I knew I'd forgotten to do something before I went away, :@ tax the blue car. I didn't get the V11 reminder, and so it went completely out of my mind. Anyhoo, I've just phoned up the DVLA, and they still allow you a 14 day grace period before they fine you. Phew :)

After what you read about all this automatic fines stuff its good to hear that the government agencies still have just a modicum of common sense.

Posted: 05 Aug 2006 06:27 pm
by jtbo
Try this, pay water bill to some goverment agency instead of where you should, then try to get money back (been there done that) in my case it was 3 month of sending papers back and forth ;)

Oh yes, great to see you back here with lunat... eh v3maniacs :lol:

Posted: 05 Aug 2006 10:07 pm
by foggyjames
Welcome back! I have an item for you waiting here Mr Pettaw, Sir :)

cheers

James

Posted: 05 Aug 2006 10:22 pm
by pettaw
you have PM.

Posted: 06 Aug 2006 08:57 pm
by Chris_C
Great stuff Andy, glad you had a good time! Also glad to see the tax thing still gives you grace, I was wondering about that the other day.

Posted: 13 Aug 2006 02:22 pm
by petefarrell360
I know the feeling mate, glad you had a good time away. I returned home to find BT, amongst others had been trying to track me down for money. If I'm not there when the bill arrives, and they expect me to pay it within three days, they're pushing their luck! With the car tax it is good to see they give you a bit of grace, as in effect when you do buy it, you're still paying for the whole month, asnd backdating it, as long as the car hasn't been kept or used on the public highway.
Pete