The 'just in time award'

Various, various and more various!
Post Reply
User avatar
mac
Posts: 1403
Joined: 19 Apr 2006 11:02 am
Location: Needham Market U.K.

The 'just in time award'

Post by mac »

Just to show I don't just play with 300s.

Friend of a friend with a 700 estate, "my handbrake doesn't work and I've been quoted over £100 just to look at it" (The garage saw her coming over 100 miles away).

Muggins takes pity - handbrake is just 'short' cable broken - tenner from Euro - but that was the least of her worries !!!

Back brakes - wot back brakes!

I've seen pads this low before - but never pins like this !! A work of art.

Image
Image

And I'm meant to be going on hols in less than a fortnight.

Mac..
User avatar
antiekeradio
Posts: 697
Joined: 04 Jan 2004 10:53 am
Location: roosendaal - netherlands
Contact:

Post by antiekeradio »

weird...

is that damage caused by rust, or ??
User avatar
mac
Posts: 1403
Joined: 19 Apr 2006 11:02 am
Location: Needham Market U.K.

Post by mac »

Hi Wouter,

The pads were just worn, but the retaining pins sere seriously rusty - when cleaned off they had this 'scalloped' effect. I've never seen anything like it.

But yer rust - just rust.

Mac.
Post Reply