Page 1 of 2

Saab 96 M1980, never been driven

Posted: 25 Nov 2006 12:58 pm
by Fuse
There's a Saab 96 M1980 for sale which has never been driven. :lol:

http://www.saabclub.fi/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=48354

It has been on some dealer's showroom for all this time. :P

Posted: 25 Nov 2006 09:27 pm
by classicswede
Thats in buitiful condition.

A very late model as it has the paddel steering wheel, impact absorbing bumpers, plastic mirrors,plastic grill and the newer front lights.

I wish my old saab 96 had been in that good condition :shock:

I guess it must be just you and me here who love the old scabs.

Posted: 25 Nov 2006 11:02 pm
by sven360
Lovely looking thing-pity it's fwd junk :cry:

How much is it for sale for?

Posted: 25 Nov 2006 11:43 pm
by Bilbo
thought Mac liked his saabs.....nice looking car but just think you could have bought this:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/1983-FORD-FIESTA- ... dZViewItem

£22,000 reserve not met - would maybe give £200 for it so i could do a clarkson with it :wink:

Posted: 26 Nov 2006 02:10 pm
by classicswede
The old saab 96 is one of the best fwd cars I can think of (excluding the mini). As most will know the saab enjoyed many rally wins in their time.

It one of those cars that would be a shame to actualy drive!

Posted: 26 Nov 2006 02:53 pm
by jtbo
classicswede wrote:The old saab 96 is one of the best fwd cars I can think of (excluding the mini). As most will know the saab enjoyed many rally wins in their time.

It one of those cars that would be a shame to actualy drive!
That one should be kept in dry and warm showroom, only drive at summer sunny day to Saab club meeting :)

I think that car was bit like some Citroens, looks like something sticky thrown to wall, but has features that many car misses yet today.

One of my old school mates called those to suihkusämpylä = jet-sandwich something like that it is in your language I guess :P

I really did not like from those front blinkers as they always looked like aftermarket installation to me.

Hopefully car will end up to good home and not for daily ride.

Posted: 26 Nov 2006 07:46 pm
by classicswede
It would be a real shame for this car to end up as a evryday car.

There are only very few acrs in the world that are like this and should be kept as mint example.

I would be quite happy to look after it :wink:

Posted: 26 Nov 2006 08:25 pm
by Fuse
There's no price listed, I think that they are keeping the price high enough so it won't go for somebody who would use it as a daily driver. ;)

Posted: 30 Nov 2006 02:24 pm
by jtbo
Fuse wrote:There's no price listed, I think that they are keeping the price high enough so it won't go for somebody who would use it as a daily driver. ;)
Yes, most likely that is case :)

I had old Nissan Sunny (B11) once, that was very low mileage and quite good shape, but it did not last too long in my use, parking outside and short distance driving only did wear it quite soon, it never got 200 000km when I changed it to Volvo, but gears were not working anymore, well mostly reverse (automatic) and at cold weather it started well, but right after starting it decided to start running with 3 or 2 cylinders.

I think it would been better if I would not bought that...

Posted: 30 Nov 2006 09:49 pm
by classicswede
I've had some tidy cars in the past that have ended up as recks by the end of it. The trouble is we do very high mailage here - between 20 - 50,000 a year in each car. It realy does take it out of them.

On the other hand it is also not good for a car not to be used. It needs to do milage to keep things moving.

Posted: 01 Dec 2006 01:37 am
by MJ
classicswede wrote: On the other hand it is also not good for a car not to be used. It needs to do milage to keep things moving.
*Waits for Chris, James or Steve to make some comment on our 340 hardly leaving the garage* ;)

Posted: 01 Dec 2006 09:00 am
by redline
MJ wrote:
*Waits for Chris, James or Steve to make some comment on our 340 hardly leaving the garage* ;)
well MJ's car hardly ever leaves the garage and that seems o.k. to me

haha you forgot about me didn't you MJ lol

Posted: 01 Dec 2006 10:52 am
by Chris_C
I can be safe in the knowledge Fake will happily cruise past you MJ, my engine is used to being streched ;) 180,000 miles this week :D

And it came third in the rally last night... mmmm, driving a car, so much better than watching it!

Posted: 01 Dec 2006 07:57 pm
by MJ
How did I forget you Mick :oops:

Chris, you probably would pass, what with me never passing 3k rpm :P And 180,000 miles is a lot to do in a week in anyone's book :lol:

Posted: 03 Dec 2006 07:10 pm
by classicswede
I think Chris meant that this week he hit the 180,000 miles on the clock.

A well worn in engine do tend to be much free'er revving.