Page 1 of 1
does this look dodgy to you
Posted: 15 Dec 2007 10:11 am
by redline
right the bluline on ebay
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... :IT&ih=015
anyone else think the speedo has been messed about with i.e clocked
the way the numbers are all out of line would certainly suggeat it has been tampered with
Posted: 15 Dec 2007 11:35 am
by foggyjames
The trip meter can go like that if the button is released too hard, etc. The odometer is more curious. Perhaps it needed a new speedo, and he's not a genius at correcting the mileage?
More to the point, why is it up at £50 more every time I look at it?
cheers
James
Posted: 15 Dec 2007 01:27 pm
by germ
doesent he say its done 70000miles lol?
will
Posted: 15 Dec 2007 02:54 pm
by Ronnie
"NOTE THIS AN AUCTION NOT A SNIPE. Will withdraw if no early bids."

Snipe
Posted: 15 Dec 2007 03:46 pm
by workshopmanualman
What exactly is a snipe then, as used in his context? I know that people use a snipe to place last minute bids, but saying that something is an auction and not a snipe is a bit odd.
I'm a tad ignorant of these things though - says the man with a worm farm in his boot....
Apologies for making a reference to the dreaded eBay again, but this does seem to be the main marketplace for the old 300's.
And what seems to have happened to the DAF owners club website? Used to be a bit of life there, not now - but I guess the DAF cars are a bit thin on the ground themselves - or have we all simply moved to 300's? Me with my rose tinted's on quite fancy a late Volvo or DAF 66 series. Must be two years ago that I last saw a DAF used on the road, and I've not seen one at any local show ever.
My 66 estate was once used to transport a whole intact Yamaha RD400 in the boot - with the rider still sitting on the saddle!
PIJ
Posted: 15 Dec 2007 07:06 pm
by Chris_C
I was going to put 250 on that, but wanted to sort out a few other things first, like drive space. By the time I had, it'd gone up, and hasn't stopped since. The more I look at it, the more I don't trust the seller, which is a shame.