Page 1 of 2

V3M 2008 Calender

Posted: 04 Jan 2008 08:50 pm
by SteveP
Having browsed for a new 2008 calendar, I couldn't find anything I'd like, so thought it'd be nice to have a calendar made up from our Photo Competitons.

Would anyone else be interested at the same time? Haven't figured out costs but most likely around £10. Would people mind having their photographs in such an item?

Posted: 04 Jan 2008 09:33 pm
by Chris_C
Yes, I'd have one.

And on the above premiss, not only would I not mind a picture of mine being used... I expect my absolutely mint pair of cars to appear! :P :lol:

Posted: 04 Jan 2008 09:49 pm
by Jason B
I'd have one if it had a pic of chris trying to shoehorn a tubby lump into his car with the wrong bolts and a faulty engine crane :P

Only kidding you'll get there soon!

Posted: 04 Jan 2008 09:56 pm
by d3k4y0
Jason B wrote:I'd have one if it had a pic of chris trying to shoehorn a tubby lump into his car
I didn't know Chris had ever had Mick in his car?!

I'll have one, but it will need a lot of fast organising!

And also, now we have our own photo competition forum, maybe now is the time for a second competition, maybe every other month, top two go in the calendar?

I'll do a fresh post on that.

Posted: 04 Jan 2008 09:59 pm
by Chris_C
Bah humbug to all parts departments and engine cranes :(

I'm going through what 300 pics I can find atm...

Posted: 04 Jan 2008 10:49 pm
by petefarrell360
Grand idea! As for using any of my pics, go for it. Having run a couple of the comps, I've got higher res versions of pics if they are needed.

Pete

Posted: 04 Jan 2008 10:53 pm
by Chris_C
petefarrell360 wrote:I've got higher res versions of pics if they are needed.
Didn't think of that, +1

Posted: 04 Jan 2008 11:06 pm
by d3k4y0
that's one of the main reasons I've been pushing for us to store the photos on flickr :)

+3 ;)

Posted: 04 Jan 2008 11:29 pm
by petefarrell360
Yeah Flickr is handy for that for sure!

One thing I think we should start adding to the rules and in any threads displaying the pics and in the original comp is that the owner of the pic should be consulted before it is used by any member of V3M, as it still remains their property, however by entering the comp, they accept that V3M itself may use the pic for such things as calendars etc, non money making things, advertising, banners on the site etc, but must give credit to the owner where possible, such as on a calendar. Does this sound like a good plan? It's just a covering of backsides sort of approach.

Pete

Posted: 04 Jan 2008 11:49 pm
by redline
d3k4y0 wrote:
Jason B wrote:I'd have one if it had a pic of chris trying to shoehorn a tubby lump into his car
I didn't know Chris had ever had Mick in his car?!.
I would have one despite the weebles last comment lol

and you dont even have to include my car even though it was the best ever redline to grace this forum

Posted: 05 Jan 2008 12:41 am
by SteveP
Wow, muchos interest! Will be contacting people shortly once the competition winner pics have been sorted for full res versions :)

Posted: 05 Jan 2008 12:44 am
by d3k4y0
redline wrote:
d3k4y0 wrote:
Jason B wrote:I'd have one if it had a pic of chris trying to shoehorn a tubby lump into his car
I didn't know Chris had ever had Mick in his car?!.
I would have one despite the weebles last comment lol
You would have said precisely the same thing about me if you'd seen it first!

I'd have been disappointed if you hadn't :D

Re: V3M 2008 Calender

Posted: 05 Jan 2008 09:19 am
by trabitom99
SteveP wrote:Would anyone else be interested at the same time? Haven't figured out costs but most likely around £10. Would people mind having their photographs in such an item?
Yes, definitely, and no, not at all!

Tom

Posted: 05 Jan 2008 10:35 am
by Cornholio
redline wrote:...and you dont even have to include my car even though it was the best ever redline to grace this forum
Cough, splutter; Rory.

Seriously though, I'd buy a calendar.

Posted: 05 Jan 2008 03:35 pm
by SteveP
Having browsed the competition winners, some of them aren't necessarily of sufficient quality to have printed on a calendar. Do we run with these or choose a selection of any 300 images that have been around 300 mania?