Page 1 of 2

Cheap but rusty Mk2 360 GLT on the bay

Posted: 02 Feb 2008 10:04 pm
by MJ
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/1984-VOLVO-360-GL ... dZViewItem

There's a cheap Mk2 on the bay atm, and it's probably too far gone to be saved, but it has nice GLT wheels and spoiler, and I'm sure there are other other parts that will be useful for someone.

Anyone want to save it from the crusher?

360 GLT

Posted: 02 Feb 2008 10:36 pm
by workshopmanualman
....the last really rusty one went for £225 just before Christmas on the bay, so it'll be interesting to see what the market does for this one.

Posted: 03 Feb 2008 10:02 am
by filthyjohn
I woulda saved it and parted it out if it wasn't so damn far. Someone on here should get it, a few people have wanted mk2 parts. I'd be interested in the bumpers, wheels, seats and a few more bits.

Posted: 03 Feb 2008 06:02 pm
by foggyjames
Who's game for a part-out weekend? We can trailer it...and I reckon we'd get it stripped in two days, with decent weather. As long as you come and help, you get cheap parts. Plenty of space for folk to crash here. Anyone up for it?

EDIT: £225? For a really rusty one? I suddenly feel a lot more confident that I can get good money for this chap...
Image

cheers

James

Posted: 03 Feb 2008 06:15 pm
by filthyjohn
I'm game for that James, there are quite a few parts I need.

Posted: 03 Feb 2008 07:25 pm
by jarlidge
that would be a shame if you were to break it, as you said theres nothink really wrong with it.

Posted: 03 Feb 2008 07:28 pm
by kaos
as with jeff, but im game for some breakage:D

Posted: 03 Feb 2008 07:39 pm
by foggyjames
I'm not breaking the blue car Jeff! That one arrived here to be broken (having supposedly sat in a field for 5 years), but when it arrived, it was FAR too nice to break!

I'm talking about breaking the silver car on eBay. From the description, it's got a very, very dead body.

cheers

James

Posted: 03 Feb 2008 08:53 pm
by jarlidge
in that case you got to go for it james.
another one for the collection

Posted: 03 Feb 2008 11:22 pm
by swordfish210
if anyone on here does buy it and decides to break it can i have first dibs on the Tailgate as i really need a Mk2 one, my Mk3 one is pissing me off now

Posted: 03 Feb 2008 11:40 pm
by Carl
foggyjames wrote:Who's game for a part-out weekend?
I could be tempted by that too. If nothing else it sounds like fun :)

Posted: 04 Feb 2008 12:52 am
by foggyjames
I have a feeling this one might be rusty, but if it's clean, it's yours. You might have a fight on your hands for the spoiler, though... ;)

cheers

James

Posted: 04 Feb 2008 01:09 am
by filthyjohn
Dibs on: Bumpers, all seats if they're a nicer type than my crappy base spec ones, wheels, backbox if good, doors if they're not wazzocked. Speedo cable. And that big long plastic pipe from the airbox that crosses the front of the engine bay.
Oh and the aircon, the leather, the LSD and the roll cage. :lol:

Advert says tailgate is good, got to be better than that crash damaged one anyway.

Posted: 04 Feb 2008 08:27 pm
by swordfish210
yeah the ad did say that it was good. Let me know if you get the car and i'll pop over for a day and help you tear it to peices :D

Posted: 05 Feb 2008 11:23 pm
by J340GLT
Too right Foggy, I neeeeeeeeed that spoiler been after one for ages!!!!

Would be great if you get your hands on this one..

Cheers

Jay