Page 1 of 2

Leather Interior - Saloon

Posted: 13 Jun 2008 09:03 pm
by SteveP
Hey Guys,

Got hold of a nice condition leather interior for a saloon - pretty good condition, wear on drivers bolster and very small hole but would tidy up nicely, rear bench a bit scratched but the rest is all good.

Anyone interested for £50ish? Can deliver to the BKV.

I'dve usually posted pictures but I've literally just got in from job interview/collecting it and off out again!

Posted: 13 Jun 2008 09:53 pm
by trabitom99
I'm sooooo tempted. I'll be passing Birmingham at the end of July. I wonder whether the lot'd fit on a set of roof bars?

Tom

Posted: 14 Jun 2008 11:34 am
by SteveP
Could probably hold them til then at the latest if you're definitely passing by :) But they do need to be gone pretty quick, I haven't really got the space for them! :lol:

Posted: 14 Jun 2008 02:46 pm
by trabitom99
If you manage to find the time - any pics of the rough bits? What's the passenger side like (more of interest to me due to LHD ...)

Tom

Posted: 14 Jun 2008 05:01 pm
by SteveP
The passenger side is as good as you'll ever find, very nice tbh! I'll get you some pics.. and respond to your email now. :)

Posted: 14 Jun 2008 08:40 pm
by trabitom99
Fantastic! :D
See you soon ...

Tom

Posted: 14 Jun 2008 10:32 pm
by Jos360
I think i am too late, but it is worth the try...
I am also thinking about this interior, but only if it could be shipped to Holland... What are the chances?

Posted: 15 Jun 2008 07:06 am
by J340GLT
bringing it to the BKV?

Posted: 15 Jun 2008 08:45 am
by SteveP
Not now Tom has requested it... it's also in the shed and I don't have time to get it before I leave now :lol:

Posted: 27 Jul 2008 07:49 pm
by trabitom99
Hey Steve, was good to meet you, mate.

Managed to get the precious load to London safely without scattering it all over the M1:

Image

Tom

Posted: 27 Jul 2008 11:12 pm
by SteveP
Good to hear you got to London safely, and good to meet you too!

Posted: 28 Jul 2008 09:35 am
by J340GLT
lol tom you got space for the GLT seats? where are you in London

Posted: 29 Jul 2008 10:37 am
by trabitom99
Jay, sorry I didn't get round to contacting you, I had a pretty hectic week. Got back to Bonn last night after 2 days of travelling through 30°C heat. I NEED A/C!!

In theory I could still use a UK passenger GLT seat (like the one you have) and a backrest from a hatch so I can convert the saloon leather backrest but I won't be back in the UK for a while now (probably Xmas) :-( So no need to wait for me if you manage to shift them before then.

I now know you CAN get the temp gauge of a 360 to rise above the middle position. Hot day, Leather seats on top, Econ gauge well into the red and a steady 140 kph.

Tom

Posted: 29 Jul 2008 01:30 pm
by Chris_C
Sorry I havn't got those bits to you yet Tom, if you give me your Germany address, I'll try and get the stuff there as it's light and you're ok with that?

Posted: 29 Jul 2008 01:40 pm
by trabitom99
Yeah Chris, that'd be great! I'm planning to take the red GLi off the road soon to get the ride levelling kit fitted. I was away camping the weekend before last - four blokes and a boot full of wood was enough to make the car sway all over the place!

Will email you my German address ...

Tom