Page 1 of 3

15" alloys from a 440 (canis)

Posted: 09 Jan 2009 05:24 pm
by filthyjohn
Got some wheels here, they owe me £150 but they had newish tyres then. Now they all have about 2-3mm left, 1mm more than the wear indicators anyhow. One wheel has a sizeable dent on the inside, holds air though but it doesn't quite balance out so there's always a little bit of vibration at illegal speeds. :roll:
Plus points are thus:
They all look very presentable with no kerbing (l33t driving skillz y0),
It should be easy enough to get hold of another to chuck the dented one,
And the biggy, they look lush on a 300. Pics of my actual wheels on my actual cars:
Image
Image
Image

:lol: :wink:

I want about £60 for em.

Re: 15" alloys from a 440 (canis)

Posted: 18 Jan 2009 12:51 am
by filthyjohn
Bump up the jams!

Re: 15" alloys from a 440 (canis)

Posted: 18 Jan 2009 01:54 am
by 340ovlov
look nice but of topic where can i get one of them spoilers from

Re: 15" alloys from a 440 (canis)

Posted: 18 Jan 2009 02:40 am
by chunkybond
gah id love to have those for my newly purchased 340...
but sunderland is quite a distance from london :(

Re: 15" alloys from a 440 (canis)

Posted: 18 Jan 2009 02:17 pm
by filthyjohn
Whereabouts in the big smoke mate? We're having a meet at Brooklands museum (Surrey, inside the M25) on Feb 22nd. Even if you can't make that I could be persuaded to deliver.

340ovlov wrote:look nice but of topic where can i get one of them spoilers from
You'd have to get one from a scrapper, my spare is already promised out to someone else. Besides, it's a mk3 spoiler, not sure how good it'd look on your mk2. Having said that, mk2 spoilers are very hard to find now.

Re: 15" alloys from a 440 (canis)

Posted: 29 Jan 2009 11:08 am
by filthyjohn
Boimp!

One of the tyres has a balloon in the sidewall, so price drop to £40?

Re: 15" alloys from a 440 (canis)

Posted: 30 Jan 2009 12:38 am
by sven360
Hmmmmmmm......... I feel a trade may be in order-I'll have a butchers in the cupboard,bound to have summit you want :wink: :lol:

Got the Prototipo no problem then????

Re: 15" alloys from a 440 (canis)

Posted: 30 Jan 2009 01:28 am
by chunkybond
filthyjohn wrote:Whereabouts in the big smoke mate? We're having a meet at Brooklands museum (Surrey, inside the M25) on Feb 22nd. Even if you can't make that I could be persuaded to deliver.
ooooer surrey?!?!
thats abit closer, plus ive got my 340 now so i could show it off at the same time....
how could I secure these babies until the show in feb?

Re: 15" alloys from a 440 (canis)

Posted: 30 Jan 2009 10:31 am
by filthyjohn
sven360 wrote:Hmmmmmmm......... I feel a trade may be in order-I'll have a butchers in the cupboard,bound to have summit you want :wink: :lol:

Got the Prototipo no problem then????
Tempt me then, got the wheel fine, and it fits my 'new' disklok device. Ta.


chunkybond wrote:how could I secure these babies until the show in feb?
If Sven doesn't come up with the goods, consider them held for you. Either way bring your 340 to the meet. 340pw

Re: 15" alloys from a 440 (canis)

Posted: 30 Jan 2009 04:04 pm
by sven360
FJ, Chunky asked first and he's offering coin of the realm-I'll be offering a pile of junk :lol:

If you get stuck let's know might be able to arrange summit of mutual gain.I just saw summit shiny for 40 quid a nd got excited :oops: :lol:

Take a photo of the s/wheel when it's on.It hung in my garage for a while.Never even saw it on a car :(

Re: 15" alloys from a 440 (canis)

Posted: 30 Jan 2009 05:21 pm
by chunkybond
ive just put the 22nd into my diary!
do i need to sign up anywhere for the meeting or do I just pop along?
sorry im fairly new (only bought my 340 gl last week....)

Re: 15" alloys from a 440 (canis)

Posted: 30 Jan 2009 05:57 pm
by sven360
chunkybond wrote:ive just put the 22nd into my diary!
do i need to sign up anywhere for the meeting or do I just pop along?
sorry im fairly new (only bought my 340 gl last week....)
http://www.volvo300mania.com/forum-uk/v ... 099#p90099

Never having been to a meet I'd imagine you just tag along,the more the merrier I would imagine.

Look at this way, FJ at least will be over the moon to see you.

I'd take him cash as Banks aren't allowed in Sunderland as they are constantly robberised by the local hoodlums.
Good luck with your wheels.Bargain IMHO.

Re: 15" alloys from a 440 (canis)

Posted: 30 Jan 2009 06:05 pm
by volvosneverdie
sven360 wrote:
chunkybond wrote:ive just put the 22nd into my diary!
do i need to sign up anywhere for the meeting or do I just pop along?
sorry im fairly new (only bought my 340 gl last week....)
http://www.volvo300mania.com/forum-uk/v ... 099#p90099

Never having been to a meet I'd imagine you just tag along,the more the merrier I would imagine.

Look at this way, FJ at least will be over the moon to see you.

I'd take him cash as Banks aren't allowed in Sunderland as they are constantly robberised by the local hoodlums.
Good luck with your wheels.Bargain IMHO.
Banks, Soap and Wit, I heard.

Re: 15" alloys from a 440 (canis)

Posted: 30 Jan 2009 06:11 pm
by sven360
volvosneverdie wrote:
sven360 wrote:
chunkybond wrote:ive just put the 22nd into my diary!
do i need to sign up anywhere for the meeting or do I just pop along?
sorry im fairly new (only bought my 340 gl last week....)
http://www.volvo300mania.com/forum-uk/v ... 099#p90099

Never having been to a meet I'd imagine you just tag along,the more the merrier I would imagine.

Look at this way, FJ at least will be over the moon to see you.

I'd take him cash as Banks aren't allowed in Sunderland as they are constantly robberised by the local hoodlums.
Good luck with your wheels.Bargain IMHO.
Banks, Soap and Wit, I heard.
I think you very well may be correct.Apparently Premiership football will be shortly added to the list.
:lol:

Re: 15" alloys from a 440 (canis)

Posted: 30 Jan 2009 07:43 pm
by Chris_C
chunkybond wrote:ive just put the 22nd into my diary!
do i need to sign up anywhere for the meeting or do I just pop along?
sorry im fairly new (only bought my 340 gl last week....)
Post up in the thread would be great so we have a rough idea, but most important just turn up!