After a run in with a kerb (my fault! ) I've managed to bend some parts in the steering / suspension, along with a wheel on my 360. I've taken it to a garage who have said the following need replacing:
1. N/S front tie bar attachment bracket
2. N/S front track rod end
3. Tie bar bushes
However 1 & 2 are apparently NLA from Volvo. I think the track rod ends should be easy enough to get hold of, there are even some on ebay atm. Does anyone know where I might get hold of the bracket?
Not sure if you got my PM but I think I'm still going to be in need of that bracket, would you mind dropping me a message on here or an email at alexduffey (AT) hotmail.com if you can still help?
It's finally fixed now
Despite the orginal diagnosis of bent parts a second opinion suggested that there was nothing wrong with the car other than the tracking being miles out. So yesterday it was taken to have the wheels aligned and it seems like it's all back to normal again, very relieved
AJD wrote:It's finally fixed now
Despite the orginal diagnosis of bent parts a second opinion suggested that there was nothing wrong with the car other than the tracking being miles out. So yesterday it was taken to have the wheels aligned and it seems like it's all back to normal again, very relieved
Good news dude.
I oversteered a bit and mounted a double kerb like a drunk stuntman.
Now mines miles out too.
Let go of the wheel on a straight street and it automaticly parks on someones drive.
At 30mph.
Hmm having taken a closer look at the print outs I was given I'm not so sure the 360 is actually in the clear
Overlooking the fact they have put it down as a 83-84 GLT (which it clearly isn't), those caster and camber values look odd - shouldn't they been the same either side?
Also I'm not sure if it was like it before the knock, but the car seems to have a tendency to drift to the left if you let go of the wheel.
I don't think it is spot on tbh. I've given it a bit of a test drive today and it seems to be at 12.10-12.15 when going in a straight line. It was worse before the alignment, somewhere around 2 o'clock so it’s made some difference.
AJD wrote:I don't think it is spot on tbh. I've given it a bit of a test drive today and it seems to be at 12.10-12.15 when going in a straight line. It was worse before the alignment, somewhere around 2 o'clock so it’s made some difference.
same as mine then dude.
sounds like its still a bit off. but livable.