Page 1 of 1

Engine oil

Posted: 08 Apr 2009 01:59 pm
by alf
Hy guys. I need to change the engine oil in my `87 GLT, and i don`t know what brand i should use: Valvoline Maxlife 15w40 or Aral BasicElastic 15W-40? The engine has 145.000 km. Thanks.

Re: Engine oil

Posted: 08 Apr 2009 03:24 pm
by jtbo
Castrol probably?

Re: Engine oil

Posted: 08 Apr 2009 04:03 pm
by trabitom99
Both Valvoline and Aral are reputable brands so both are fine I guess, if it's only for the summer. Having experienced some pretty freezing Romanian winters myself, I'd go for 10W 40 in your case though ...

Tom

Re: Engine oil

Posted: 08 Apr 2009 05:05 pm
by alf
Castrol :P , but not from here (made in UE), at least on the Aral bottles you can see made in Germany inscription. Yes, i want to use this oil till the fall, and i think the 10w is a litlle bit thin(i have no problems with the oil pressure, it pops out blue smoke on the exhaust only when i misstreat my car :oops: , but not too much)...What should i choose?