Page 1 of 1

HORN!!

Posted: 10 Feb 2005 09:32 am
by emulator
hi there!!
I´m new here and I have 340gl 1,7 -88. And the problem is that my horn is broken and I cannot find where it is?? Can anyone tell where it is??

Posted: 10 Feb 2005 10:21 am
by redline
it should be behind the bumper, if you are standing at the front of the car and looking at the car it should be on the right hand side, the bumper is removed by taking off the two oval caps and undoing the four bolts that you will find behind them, then slide the bumper towards you after releasing the indicator wires if you have side repeaters in the bumper.
also check the fuse and wiring inside the steering wheel

Posted: 10 Feb 2005 11:37 am
by emulator
yep! I found it but the horn was ok, the wires wasn´t attached to each others below the dashboard. Now its working and I´m horning to every girl on the street! :D

The rest of the car works fine. From the last september I have driven 11000km and it hasn´t left me on the road!! VOLVO ROCKS!!
ps. I´ll put soon some pics of my car. :340:

Posted: 10 Feb 2005 04:22 pm
by redline
glad you got it sorted , just be careful " horning " all these women LOL

Posted: 11 Feb 2005 06:19 pm
by foggyjames
I keep forgetting these inferior Renault engined vehicles only have one horn...;) You need some two-tone goodness! Proper "get off my land" material :)

cheers

James

Posted: 11 Feb 2005 06:41 pm
by pettaw
yeah, except that on mine when I've got too much electrics on, like the headlights, pressing the horn just makes the dash lights go dim and this whimpering noise come out of one horn only! I'll get round to fixing it one day LOL