Page 1 of 1
Happy
Posted: 09 Sep 2005 02:12 pm
by 990
I have just been offered a new crossmember for my 360GL
How hard is it too fit?, I have 12 days until my free retest runs out

Posted: 09 Sep 2005 02:30 pm
by redline
pleased to here it, good luck with the work
Posted: 09 Sep 2005 11:01 pm
by classicswede
Should be an easy days job. You will need to disconect the steering rack(5mm hex key if same as 340) wishbones and then there are 3 or 4 bolts each side. I know the 340 engine mounts bolt to it but not sure how the 360 fit on.
I hope you fix it now so I dont have to find room for another car.
Dai
Posted: 10 Sep 2005 11:30 am
by 990
The 360 mounts to it pretty much the same way...
Posted: 10 Sep 2005 12:59 pm
by classicswede
If you are going to be fitting it on your drive make sure you support the car on some wood to spread the load.
When I did my engine swap I held the car up on axle stands the end result was a dent in the cassis rail on both sides.
Dai
Posted: 10 Sep 2005 01:00 pm
by 990
Thank's for that, i'll be doing it in the garage but it good to know - cheers

Posted: 10 Sep 2005 01:02 pm
by 990
Thinking about it i'll take some photos so if anyone else has a problem we can put up a visual reference. May as well make use of it while it's being done eh

Posted: 10 Sep 2005 01:08 pm
by classicswede
Yeh go for it take pictures of all the bolts etc you have to remove and do a spep by step write up. It would be a very good referance for other ppl to use
Dai
Posted: 10 Sep 2005 04:11 pm
by 990
Ok, hmmm
A step by step write up
Ok here goes page 1 of 500

Posted: 10 Sep 2005 05:14 pm
by Damir130
Its quite a tedious job. The crossmember can be removed and refitted with everything else on the car, but the bolts of the steering rack are very difficult to get at. Spent something like an hour of wrenching on them. Other then that its pretty straightforward, remember to replace all bushing wherever you see them.
Posted: 10 Sep 2005 05:35 pm
by 990
Any hints on which bushes I am gonna see?. Also what type did you replace them with
Posted: 10 Sep 2005 07:18 pm
by classicswede
Its only the wishbone and tie bar bushes you are likely to disturb. I can supply poly ones if you want them.
Dai
Posted: 10 Sep 2005 11:50 pm
by 990
Now that is VERY tempting - how much

Posted: 11 Sep 2005 10:06 am
by classicswede
The wishbone to crossmember bushes ar £25 the pair and the tie bar ones ar £20 the set.
Dai
Posted: 11 Sep 2005 10:14 am
by 990
Sounds good to me, the Crossmember arrives on Tuesday
How pay? send me a pm
