Page 1 of 1
Electronics have all gone to pot
Posted: 03 Mar 2005 06:23 pm
by Tom
The lectrics in my car are a shambles:
* The left hand indicator flashes really fast and the back one doesn't work at all. I've tried changing the bulb to no avail.
* The right hand side repeater doesn't work, again even after having changed the bulb.
* The brake fluid light keeps coming on even though the brake fluid is way above the minimum line.
* When I brake, the night lights at the back come on, but when I turn the headlights on the brake light comes on!
WTF is going on? Help!!
Posted: 03 Mar 2005 06:34 pm
by SteveP
Earthing trouble!! Most definitely...
Rear indicator.. check the bulb holder contacts arent corroded and make sure they're making contact with the earth rails.
Posted: 03 Mar 2005 09:06 pm
by MJ
If one of the indicators goes wrong, the others on that side and the icon on the instrument panel do flash faster. Have had that happen when a bulbs gone.
Posted: 04 Mar 2005 01:41 pm
by foggyjames
Psychic predictions...
Rear panel ground points shot to hell....remove wires, clean connection to chassis, replace.
Loose wires to brake fluid sensor and repeater.
Still want a drivers side red front wing Tom?
cheers
James
Posted: 04 Mar 2005 05:46 pm
by Tom
foggyjames wrote:
Still want a drivers side red front wing Tom?
If possible mate, please
It might be two months before I need it yet as the local panel beater is very very busy. If you could find someplace to store it I'd appreciate it and give you a generous tip

Posted: 04 Mar 2005 09:23 pm
by RandomHero
Whenever one of the indicator lights make bad contact to the wiring and it does not burn the other 2 go very fast, i had that problem once. Check and clean the the connection of the taillight unit or the light that doesn't work. That will probably sort it out. Im nog known with the rest od the problems, srry dude.
Good luck!
Posted: 05 Mar 2005 12:49 pm
by Tom
The car has now been rid of all the electrical problems!
I took it to the garage where I got it MOT'd (they're family friends and I trust him). About 6 hours and just £20 later the car was finished. He even sorted out my carb for me, so now it runs as sweet as a nut.
I'd recommend anyone living in West Yorkshire to check out Cleckheaton Road Car sales, near Odsal Top!
Posted: 05 Mar 2005 05:07 pm
by redline
glad to hear your sorted Tom
Posted: 05 Mar 2005 05:13 pm
by Tom
Cheers Mick
Oh, by the way! My sticker broke again (bastard wiper, LOL)
BUT luckily I had a spares sticker in my glovebox and now it's in one piece again. I'm going to repair the wiper at some point!
Posted: 05 Mar 2005 05:31 pm
by foggyjames
New blade Tom?
cheers
James
Posted: 05 Mar 2005 07:09 pm
by Tom
No ta - the actual wiper itself is gone. The bit that holds the blade has come very loose from the arm and it's swinging around like a banshee. I doubt it will need a new arm, just a few hours!